Fordmods Logo

418 windsor in EF with EFI? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: 418 windsor in EF with EFI?
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Power: 149 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ok so heres the deal i'm currently building a 418 windsor and fitting in an EF, its main use was going to be at the drags and powercruise events but i've since decided to go efi and register it so i can drive it on weekends too, the ef was a 6 auto and i was wondering if there is a stand alone efi set up i could use cos i still want to use my C4 auto and 4.11 gears?

I was thinking along the lines of megasquirt or using an LS1 engine loom or full aftermarket like wolf or haltech ?

Skidz are cooooool!

15.49 @ 91MPH
2.327 60ft
Willowbank Raceway 14th October 2006
220k motor 320k auto

Post subject: Re: 418 windsor in EF with EFI?
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I havent seen a LS1/LS2 ecu setup been used on another engine as i was looking into this and there signal for for a seonsor which i forgot was different to the ford. To buy pass this u will have to use all there under bonnet gear to make it work and depending on cost of parts, labour and flash tuner it may be a great cheap alternative.

I had a Delco 808 from a VN 5L installed on my EF XR8 with a 347 stroker but it did have a coupe small issues but they cam work great if done right, but it was batch fire apposed to sequential in the LS engine family

If u go aftermarket u should pick a ecu based around ur tuner as that's what they how to tune and comfortable with and make sure there are other tuners, just in case ur not happy with original tuner.

Im a big fan of Vipec V88 ecu as has great features and awesoe value for money, and id also consider the Haltech Sport 2000 as there pretty good.

Im not sure with the laws in QLD but in NSW u will need a emmisions report for ur 9.5 deck block conversion, so make sure u run standard 302/351 windsor cam with factory or aftermarket cats to make sure it passes.

With all that work id definatly put it into a XR8 as thats were it belongs and will fetch more $$$ when it comes time to sell.

Some food for thought but u will need to speak to a engineer and find out what needs to be done.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:42 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Use a Mustang A9* type EECIV with a Moates 1/4horse....piece-o-piss.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Are u using a standard roller 351 windsor block for ur 418 build or going Dart???

i have some info i can send 2 u if u go over 408 with a roller block unless ur using a C9 block???

Also how much power do u want to make at the motor???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]