Fordmods Logo

eb v8, auto, (smart lock) into ea 6 manual (no smart lock) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: eb v8, auto, (smart lock) into ea 6 manual (no smart lock)
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA falcon-GT kit, xr8 v8 engine

QLD, Australia

im half way into my restoration of my ea falcon. it the second time round for this car since ive owned it. it started as a 1988 ea with single point. it had a factory fitted 5 speed and NO smart lock installed. soon after buying the car i brought a multi point engine which come out of an automatic ed fairmont gia which had smart lock fitted.
i soon learnt a few things needed to be replaced in order to get the engine running.
here is the list: FUEL PUMP...from a sedan, MAP SENSOR, ENGINE HARNESS... engine harness only, ECU also known as EEC... which come from a multi point ea which was a manual- im unsure if smart lock was fitted to this car. all installed... woo hoo! she is now a multi point ea with a 5 speed.

CURRENT ISSUE: EB V8 AND AUTO into previosly described 1988 EA WITH MULTI POINT AND 5 SPEED
i would love to bolt a manual up to this ride but funds have left me short... ( if any body can help i have cars and heap of ford parts that i could swap:)
PROB 1-with the engine bolted to the V8 K frame, ive noticed that the gear box cross member is way off from lining up.
PROB 2- im missing all relays from in the engine bay and need to know the part no. and location for either original or factory ignition, fuel pump and starter relays
PROB 3- where is the location for the nuetrel park safety switch. im hoping it part of the trans harness and not part of the loom which has the light showing which gear is selected when the head lights are on.
any help would be very greatfull

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]