LTD DF v8 WINDSOR efi tfi problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: LTD DF v8 WINDSOR efi tfi problems
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: ltd df nov 95 5.0 windsor

VIC, Australia

Can anyone please help. I have purchased a ltd DF 5.0 windsor efi build date nov 95, and as soon as i purchased the car i fitted a new bosch tfi unit, bosch distributor cap and bosch performance plugs and leads. I had no problems with the car until the thermo fan fuse went and the motor over heated, sorted the fuse out and a couple of days later could not start the car, worked ou there was no spark ,tested the coil which was ok so replaced the tfi unit. I think it died when the engine over heated. the car started and all was ok for about 3 weeks untill the tfi unit died again this was also a bosch unit which was brand new and also on both occasions i applied heat sink compound to the back of the tfi as recomended by bosch.I then put the original old motorcraft branded tfi unit which originally came with the car and this lasted around 6 weeks untill it started playing up , it was running for around enough time for the car to warm up and then stall then 5-10 minutes later it would start again run for enough time for me to get home around 20 minutes, could not risk the car stuffing up again so i replaced that tfi unit with another bosch one and fitted it with the heatsink paste Its now been two days no trouble so far hopefully this one lasts. I have also noticed the wire from the condensor is not connected any where so after purchasing the car i connected it to the negative side of the distributor wire,i have now disconected it because i thought i have read the wiring diagram incorrectly and maybe this is why i am going through so many tfi units.Also the motor runs at its normal temperature which is in the middle of the gauge at RM. Does anyone have the same problem or know why this problem could be happening please let me know.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]