Fordmods Logo

XH XR6 engine Turbo Advice/questions 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: XH XR6 engine Turbo Advice/questions
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Looking at those eBay turbos. I wouldn't trust them. I know the person who sold me the turboed motor for my car kept using the cheap eBay turbos and it always blew seals and he always had problems with it...... Not saying it won't work but I'd rather buy one turbo that will last cause in the end that's the thing that's going to give you your power. It's why I chose a genuine Garrett, and yes it did cost me $1695 but atleast I have peace of mind and im backed with a 12 month warranty.
As for the a/r size that t70 looked alright. The to4 Had a smaller compressor cover .60 that's why the rear housing looked monster.

As for the J3 chip, that sounds like a good alternative to a piggyback system, but will this one require dyno tuning of the car? Or can he pre program it like the previous versions?

I'm not worrying too much bout my cooler piping, I'm sure if I got pulled over they would defect me for alot of other things first.

Cheers,
Corbin

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Post subject: Re: XH XR6 engine Turbo Advice/questions
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XH XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

Yeah i hear ya, but named brand turbos can have problems too. Its going to be a cheap as chips DIY build but i"m confident that these few turbos Ive showed you are decent quality and will stand up to 10psi easily which is all i"m going to try running for starters..how long it handles it for will be the test :mrgreen:

All Ive heard about the new j3 boost mapping feature is what i have read over at Boostedfalcon.net, I asked a few questions about it and was told by one of the guys working together with TI that its been up and running in a car for a bit over a month now and working fine at up to 10psi. They also said they have dyno runs planned soon so they could further test and document it ect, and i"m pretty sure it will be able to be pre-programed like previous versions, im awaiting final dyno test results before getting too excited though.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2