Fordmods Logo

EGR Inlet hose. NF Fairlane. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EGR Inlet hose. NF Fairlane.
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane 302

NSW, Australia

Help! at the risk of asking stupid questions; while recently looking for a coolant leak i noticed the EGR hose was brittle/cracked etc. so thought it would be a good time to replace it. However, the fine gentlemen at ford parts have supplied me with a hose they say is the one but where the hose goes onto the manifold, the pipe is almost twice the size of the hole in the hose, but the pipe at the other end will fit fine. has anyone changed one of these and had the same problem? thought i'd check before i ruined a $65 hose trying to get it on!
P.S. the hose i have been supplied is made of a different material and is also approx 2 inches longer than the one i took off.....
i hope some of that made sense to someone....

Post subject: Re: EGR Inlet hose. NF Fairlane.
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

If I'm not mistaken, there are two small coolant hoses going to the EGR. They didn't supply the wrong one OR give you a PCV to intake manifold hose?

Most of us seem to bypass the EGR completely with no adverse effects. You'll then only need one hose to loop the coolant back to the manifold.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

the hose i'm talking about is the one on the n/s of the tunnel. so is that not necessary? i'm guessing the one on the o/s that goes under and around the back of the manifold is the other that you are talking about?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant the two smaller coolant hoses running to the EGR spacer behind the throttle body. :oops:

If it's any help, I replaced the two larger hoses (which terminate at a brass fitting under the upper manifold, right?) with plain old heater hose! No problems yet and a LOT cheaper.

MIke

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Are you talking about the PCV hose that goes to the back of the lower intake manifold? Still not sure, maybe a pic might help.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

hey cheers for the help. i've sourced a hose that will do the job (amazing what talkin to the old fella at repco can do, if it's the right repco that is!) also relieved to find my leak is a nice simple yet expensive top hose! (which was replaced about 18 months ago which kinda ticks me off :x but at least it's simple!
.....unless you know something i don't about WHY this hose would be splitting so regularly :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]