Future turbo build questions 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Future turbo build questions
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I have everything except cooler pipes, dump pipe and oil lines.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: FG XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

you can pick up a turbo kit for the e series falcon pretty easy as almost every one has relised how much power you can get out of a 4 ltr ford motor even with out pulling it down for a rebuild the one my buddy has pisses all over his brothers ba turbo even with a power up kit ,,,also any one on here have problems installing the walbro 041 gss fuel pump to a ef sedan fuel tank do u remove the square tub inside the tank or modify the pump so the filter fits in with out the filter kinking on the bottom of the tank....can somone let me know asap...other people claim to have fitted them surly theres a way to install them with out all the dramas

BANNED

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yeah sorry walbro gss 341 intank fuel pump fitler .............again what mods need to be done for it to fit a ef fuel tank as the filter kinks on the bottom of the tank

BANNED

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I already have a turbo kit. Such as turbo- holset hx35w, ecu-haltech e6x,custom manifold, bosch 044,60lb injectors, and I already have a base tune on my computer, I was going to turbo it a month a go but didn't want to risk getting caught on greens, and then insurance ,
I had everything sorted out, I did loads if research and it's not that hard to do, I had plans to install the ecu myself and do all my own welding on the dump pipe then buy a blowtorch and braze the fitting into my sump, but I can wait 1.5 years till I'm on my full licence , then it's all going on :lol:
I was going no intercooler cos I'd rather not hack up my front bumper, then when my setup is going good I'd get a W2A intercooler

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

speaking of intercoolers all i done to fit one to a ef was making some backets for the top and some smaler ones s shaped for the bottom making sure it cleared the reciver dryer for the ac and trimed the bar a litle bit.including the bar rio looks good and works a treat already had a new one from newzealand when i burchased the whole kit so i have a brand new one spare ony $200 bucks ...funny thing about this furum no one seems to be able to answer the walbro fuel pump question ..after the car is finnished might sell it get somthing else with a factory turbo less stuffing around....

BANNED

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

well start a new thread asking the question instead of hijacking other threads asking the question..

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also I don't want to cut holes is my body for piping , hence why I'm going another method of intercooling , or I could bend pipes around the engine bay

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yeah true it can be done a bit tricky but a few people iv meet at the drags with turboed fords and holdens have done this like u said saves cutin holes in the body work but in sayin that if u are skilled u can do it so it looks like a factory jop ie ruber sleaving and sealant seen another ef simular set up with holes cut u would sware its a factory mod i was going to use a water cooled pletinum but seeing how the ba,s run there piping using a simular process what the hell if it works good and looks neat and tidy why not but like every thing its up to the builder and what they want and what $ they want to spend..............

BANNED

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3