Fordmods Logo

mild cam stock valvtrain ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia 5.0L

QLD, Australia

Yeah, that was a long time ago, and alot has changed since then.
My 5.0 now has 184 rwkw :wink:

ED Fairmont Ghia.
306ci, Pro-m 80 MAF & #42inj, Kirban AFPR, Walbro 255LPH intank & inline, BBK 70mm, Ported Edelbrock #60399, Ported Explorer, Crane 2031 & YT1.72, MSD 6AL, paciemaker tri-y, 2.5" cats into single 3". H/D stall. 3.45 lsd, Powerdyne XB1A.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

VIC, Australia

thanks for the input guy's I was just figuring seeing as Im gonna have the intake and water pump off it would be a good time to change the bumpstick and a cam's alot cheaper IF i can use the stock valvetrain.

Roller rockers are about 4-500 with studs and I can do them anytime just pop the covers. am seriously looking at the e303 althought the lobe seperation is a bit narrow and it's not dual pattern same with the mild touring crow cam although the lift is a bit more sedate witch would brobebly alow 1.72rr at a later date.

thanks for the update on the inlet, been eagerly waiting by the mail box.(working nightshift and waiting for toys in the mail don't make it easy to sleep)
when I've got all that in i'll probebly start looking for a set of stock e7's to have a go at porting myself. was going to do my own inlet but truck's been taking up all my time in the shed at the moment. I ported my old 4.1 corty and theres a sense of pride knowing you've done it yourself.

thanks again guy's keep the info coming.

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia 5.0L

QLD, Australia

I ported a set of E7's, and while the results were good, I wouldn't waste my time porting a set again, and would go straight to a set of GT40p heads, which have way better flow characteristics than the E7 heads, even when ported.
Have seen a few 40p heads getting around fairly cheap, and they flow well even in stock form.
When changing a cam, pullingng the intake off is only half the job, as the bumper, radiator, timing cover has to come out and the condensor moved to one side.and you will need vale springs etc, as said before, and you should probably invest in a new timing chain.
With your car, even if you go some 1.7 RR's the 2031 is a pretty good cam for a heavy rig and idle friendly.
Hope you like my port work, I was admiring it before I wrapped it.

ED Fairmont Ghia.
306ci, Pro-m 80 MAF & #42inj, Kirban AFPR, Walbro 255LPH intank & inline, BBK 70mm, Ported Edelbrock #60399, Ported Explorer, Crane 2031 & YT1.72, MSD 6AL, paciemaker tri-y, 2.5" cats into single 3". H/D stall. 3.45 lsd, Powerdyne XB1A.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2