Fordmods Logo

LPG Fitters - Advice needed on SVI conversion. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: LPG Fitters - Advice needed on SVI conversion.
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon AUII

NSW, Australia

Hey all,
As per my worklog (in sig) I want to convert my falcon to SVI. What I *want* to do is supply a full SVI front end (minus the ECU) to a fitter and have them install and if necessary compliance it (i'm not sure if I need to get it recomplianced - as it already has mixer gas, anyone who can clarify this would be fantastic).

My question is if anyone knows a licensed shop that will be able to do this (Newcastle/Sydney area), or even better if there's a licensed fitter on fordmods that'd be even better.

Thanks, Thomas.

My Megasquirt 3 install: here

Post subject: Re: LPG Fitters - Advice needed on SVI conversion.
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ash wrote:
Where are you at?

Shouldn't need to get it re-complianced here in NSW. It only matters if it went from petrol to LPG.

You're going to get a whole whopping load of opinions on this but you can fit the lot and have it checked off to be certified if it wasn't already. They just need to check your work but some will say no as they just want the work for themselves.
Even when making the rebate claim, it is advised to write yourself a receipt for the labour you put into installing the LPG system so they can see who did it and a dollar value placed against it. Which is just s**t on a piece of paper because who charges themselves but that was what they wanted.

But like I said, you are going to get a dozen different of opinions and each will strongly disagree with each other. Mainly probably disagree with what I said. But if there is any doubt in yourself, then don't even put a spanner to, leave it for someone else.

I live near Maitland (~30 minutes from Newcastle) however I quite regularly drive to Wollongong to see my missus so can travel to Sydney easy enough.

Thanks for clarifying about the compliance - thats what I thought. I don't think I qualify for a rebate as it has already been claimed by the previous owner (when it was originally converted), in terms of doing everything myself I don't have any issues BUT it is my understanding I can't (legally) touch anything that handles liquid LPG (thus I can't swap over the converter to an injection one). But this greatly simplifies things, changing a converter would be a common and easy enough job to get done.

Once finished, do I just wait until my rego is due to get inspected and then all is sweet?

Thanks, Thomas.

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ok, so are you saying I can do everything and all it has to do is pass a rego inspection? I'll contact Skinners when I have a bit more info (like what exact system i'll get).

Thanks, Thomas.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

*bump* Does anyone else have something to input?

Thanks, Thomas.

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I sent you a PM with some prices. BUT completely forgot about a torquegas system i've got at work.
It was bough but the guy that used to own my workshop and the customer pulled out of the deal so he was stuck with the kit.

I've since used it for spare parts, But the reducer, injectors, wiring harness ect is all there
I'll do it minus the ecu for $650 posted

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]