Fordmods Logo

Replacement/recond dedicated lpg motor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Replacement/recond dedicated lpg motor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hey guys just rego`ed as a newbie. Cool to find a site such as yours with related info and knowledgeable members.
I am thinking of purchasing an 01 AUii dedicated gas utility and am trying to find out if it is possible to source a reconditioned or replacement factory LPG engine in case the one in the ute packs it in in the future. Has 220,000 on the clock. Havent sighted it yet but just doing some research before i do.
Also is it possible to put doors with elec mirrors/windows on it if it does not have them now?
E.g. wiring /connection issues.
Obviously removing door and replacing no drama but will there be a compatibility issue with connecting power etc.
Any advice on anything to be weary of with this model would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Replacement/recond dedicated lpg motor
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

mate let me tell you

dedicated gas motors from fords are taxis for a reason

1: they cheap to run
2: they can do 1 million K's and you can open em up and they look piratically new inside

at 220Km's i wouldnt be to worried mate thats nothing ive got 282k's on my NF and the motor hasnt been opened at all and almost nothing has needed replacing just a water pump and the A/C gas and the idle and belt tensioner pulleys were the only things besides regular maintence things that needed replacing and my NF was a car they used to go down to the farm and they didnt care about it at all
ive pulled grass and bits off trees out from under the car and i still occasionally find some of it that has been jammed up there that well

and yes it should be possible to put power windows in it

people do it with E-series all the time putting power windows in there falcons
just get the loom and motors from another fairmont or whatever that has power windows
and just fit it all mate

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Cheers for that mate. Awesome :D I never thought of that but now you say it wifey and I were up in Perth a few mths ago and i got talking to the driver of the taxi we were in.
He said don`t buy an ex-taxi if it said, for example, 80,000 ks cause he reckoned with the kays they do that it`s probably already done 1,000,000 ks and turned over to start the odometer from zero again. I think he was mainly talking about suspension/diff/trans etc. But honestly that`s music to my ears as that says it all eh!
I`m a bit pedantic and i do all my own servicing on my cars anyway.(Fresh `Honey` and filter every 5,000k`s :wink: )
I don`t know much about the model tho so am a bit weary about suspension/diff/trans/tailshaft/axles when they have 220,000-250,000 k`s?
Are you saying the 1,000,000 k`s applies to these as well (Which I am assuming, Wrongly or rightly, from your reply)
Cheers for that mate.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Cheers for that mate. Awesome :D I never thought of that but now you say it wifey and I were up in Perth a few mths ago and i got talking to the driver of the taxi we were in.
He said don`t buy an ex-taxi if it said, for example, 80,000 ks cause he reckoned with the kays they do that it`s probably already done 1,000,000 ks and turned over to start the odometer from zero again. I think he was mainly talking about suspension/diff/trans etc. But honestly that`s music to my ears as that says it all eh!
I`m a bit pedantic and i do all my own servicing on my cars anyway.(Fresh `Honey` and filter every 5,000k`s :wink: )
I don`t know much about the model tho so am a bit weary about suspension/diff/trans/tailshaft/axles when they have 220,000-250,000 k`s?
Are you saying the 1,000,000 k`s applies to these as well (Which I am assuming, Wrongly or rightly, from your reply)
Cheers for that mate.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

the reason they can get 1000000 kms out of them is because they never stop as a taxi, running an engine for 5 minutes to the shop for a packet of smokes or the morning paper every day and then shutting it off then driving 15 kms in peak hour traffic stopping and starting every morning and arvo wears an engine out much quicker than what taxi drivers do as they are heating up and cooling off just running to the servo every now and then.then your cold starting it 6 hours later just for a packet of smokes, loaf of bread or watever, taxi drivers are constantly driving their cars and they have no time to cool down so they dont get hardly any cold start up engine damage, plus running on gas and keeping the car serviced helps alot. you will still see 300.000kms out of your car easily with the engine thats in it unless you really drive it hard and give it hell.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

bry40l wrote:
the reason they can get 1000000 kms out of them is because they never stop as a taxi, running an engine for 5 minutes to the shop for a packet of smokes or the morning paper every day and then shutting it off then driving 15 kms in peak hour traffic stopping and starting every morning and arvo wears an engine out much quicker than what taxi drivers do as they are heating up and cooling off just running to the servo every now and then.then your cold starting it 6 hours later just for a packet of smokes, loaf of bread or watever, taxi drivers are constantly driving their cars and they have no time to cool down so they dont get hardly any cold start up engine damage, plus running on gas and keeping the car serviced helps alot. you will still see 300.000kms out of your car easily with the engine thats in it unless you really drive it hard and give it hell.

thats true but dedicated gas motors from what ive seen regardless of taxi or not seem to last longer

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]