Fordmods Logo

whats wrong with this turbo setup? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: whats wrong with this turbo setup?
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
So you need to rebuild the converter to suit the gas research??

If it's not been setup for it originally (like my converter), the GRA require a different spring pressure in the converter.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef futura

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
ef2nv wrote:
wild-el wrote:
the turbo set up looks fair good. might be of some interest too me ;) just for a play around i think wouldnt be too bad.

Have a go mate i am looking at it to purchase round early next year just money is tied up because my misses bought me coilovers. we will both run the setup and we will compare if it really does work?

Hahaha awesome misses. Lol I spoke to the guy he's always making the kits so always has them. I'm thinking of dunno g that setup on a gas dedicated Au motor with just a j3 tune or even try this uni-chip I have sitting here to see if I can get her running on that. And if I'm not happy with the turbo I'll try and fit a gt35/40 out of the ba's. See how I go. P plates are holding me back. That's about it!!!! :x

haha! serious! you still on Ps in Vic daaum mate cops will be over you like flies to smelly armpits mate i was to scarred to turbo it when i was still on my Ps

but sure i rekon your setup will run well..

im sure ill try an run my one also

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
wild-el wrote:
So you need to rebuild the converter to suit the gas research??

If it's not been setup for it originally (like my converter), the GRA require a different spring pressure in the converter.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ok cool well my dad knows how to play around with all the gas stuff any ways (worked for a LPG conversion joint). I'm just in the hunt for a gas research throttle body.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

ef2nv wrote:
wild-el wrote:
ef2nv wrote:
wild-el wrote:
the turbo set up looks fair good. might be of some interest too me ;) just for a play around i think wouldnt be too bad.

Have a go mate i am looking at it to purchase round early next year just money is tied up because my misses bought me coilovers. we will both run the setup and we will compare if it really does work?

Hahaha awesome misses. Lol I spoke to the guy he's always making the kits so always has them. I'm thinking of dunno g that setup on a gas dedicated Au motor with just a j3 tune or even try this uni-chip I have sitting here to see if I can get her running on that. And if I'm not happy with the turbo I'll try and fit a gt35/40 out of the ba's. See how I go. P plates are holding me back. That's about it!!!! :x

haha! serious! you still on Ps in Vic daaum mate cops will be over you like flies to smelly armpits mate i was to scarred to turbo it when i was still on my Ps

Yeah tell me about it man!!! I can't wait to get rid of this s**t!!! Well I'm just planing to slowly, slowly build the turbo set up motor then about a month before I get off my p's I will take the car off the road get all the brakes and bushes re done and fix everything that needs to be fixed fixed so that way I can actually stop when I want too and then finally fit the motor. But that'll come once I get on some better cash and off the trainee pay lol so shouldn't be too far away...

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef futura

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
ef2nv wrote:
wild-el wrote:
ef2nv wrote:
wild-el wrote:

Yeah tell me about it man!!! I can't wait to get rid of this s**t!!! Well I'm just planing to slowly, slowly build the turbo set up motor then about a month before I get off my p's I will take the car off the road get all the brakes and bushes re done and fix everything that needs to be fixed fixed so that way I can actually stop when I want too and then finally fit the motor. But that'll come once I get on some better cash and off the trainee pay lol so shouldn't be too far away...

I rekon but oh well hope it all goes well mate im doin the same slowley putting everything together.

Good luck mate,

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 XH II UTE

QLD, Australia

i Bouight a manifold off "Boostworks" it was a bit rough eg. the ports not lined up, wrong turbo flange but it'll work with a few mods. my basic setup with a to4b .70/1.32 and full 3" mandrel. exhaust inc 100csi cat and hi flow muffler and a few more lil brand name goodies has cost me just under $1000. generic turbo though otherwise there is another $2500 for a Garret model similar. just do some research for a couple months and you'll figure out a way to make it work. Garrett Turbo Tech website is tops just takes a bit to think it through.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

I've spent $1500 on my Manifold and gate alone. I've got easily another $20k to spend before the turbo is near the car! Quality gear doesn't come cheap, even second hand!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

my mate brought the very same setup for his au xr6, they arnt too bad but definatly make sure you check the weld on the manifold his had pin holes galore, good thing he's a boily he welded them back up and cleaned the ports on it they wer horrid, only trouble he had was the whole setup sits quiet close to the radiator bottle and just touches the sensor wires,

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 XH II UTE

QLD, Australia

now that is come time for install and after a bit closer inspection, the boostworks manifold is useless. pinholes all over it. and halved my power before hitting boost. uneven ports, manifold is not even square with block. i'll be throwing it in the bin and making my own so i know it's right.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2