LPG V Petrol 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: LPG V Petrol
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

There is LPG oils out there and I have tried both the Lpg stuff and just using normal 20/50 and have noticed no difference. I have found out recently Valvoline oils dont sit well with Fords i6. I think from memory theres a supercheap auto near you, my advise go the Nulon stuff. A bonus is its cheap and anything Nulon is always the s**t.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

being an apprentice i'm keen on keeping my LPG, that and it's still only two years old, just keen to know about the vapour injection, i wouldn't mind a bit more responsiveness like i get with petrol, whats the process going through the current setup (liquid injecton i assume? :? ) to vapour, and whats the pricing like?

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

79raven wrote:
There is LPG oils out there and I have tried both the Lpg stuff and just using normal 20/50 and have noticed no difference. I have found out recently Valvoline oils dont sit well with Fords i6. I think from memory theres a supercheap auto near you, my advise go the Nulon stuff. A bonus is its cheap and anything Nulon is always the s**t.

Yes there's one in wang mate :)
and thats one thing i dont mind paying money for is good oil.
It saves money in the long run if you use good oil, plugs, leads etc
I think it was really looked after well when it comes to servicing when i first got her i took of the oil filler cap and had a look and a smell (lol just habit) i cant beleave how clean the rockers and valves are looks like its still new no burnt color oil on any of it. and even the oil on the dipstick was like it was just put in ( it might have been changed before it was taken to the wreckers).
but still i think its a good sign

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Hi guys sorry about the pic over load but i am hopeing someone can tell me what gas set up i have and whats it like

First off i would like to know what this is

is this where the gas comes in ?

the rest is the set up i have

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Hi Guys

Can some of you guys post the setup that you have going into your throttle body please ?
if that's the LPG inlet with all the yellow crap on it i think i would like to fit it better
thanks guys
Lucion

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

It would be.... looks a bit dodgy.
It could only happen in Victoria........ the previous owner I reckon Has used that tank for the last 20 years and not had it checked. It will need restamping, have you found out the price of the test on the tank? You could go an in date tank and install it yourself for about $80, tanks sometimes go for that or cheaper on ebay.
Oil wise I went a fully synthetic Valvoline oil 1000k's ago and it failed. Dropped the dearer oil and payed under $25 for 5L of Nulon, problem solved. Love the stuff and should have stuck to it, thought I was getting a better oil. How many k's has she got again?

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:48 pm 
Smokin em up

79raven wrote:
It would be.... looks a bit dodgy.
It could only happen in Victoria........ the previous owner I reckon Has used that tank for the last 20 years and not had it checked. It will need restamping, have you found out the price of the test on the tank? You could go an in date tank and install it yourself for about $80, tanks sometimes go for that or cheaper on ebay.
Oil wise I went a fully synthetic Valvoline oil 1000k's ago and it failed. Dropped the dearer oil and payed under $25 for 5L of Nulon, problem solved. Love the stuff and should have stuck to it, thought I was getting a better oil. How many k's has she got again?

Na i have not had a chance to find out mate.
I am still rather far off from getting a road worthy. lol i have a bad habit of doing 20 things at once so i am trying to rain that in a bit .
Sweet i will give Nulon a go mate thanks for that. I have heard that EF/L's have a dislike for some oils its good to get some advice from someone who's been through all the hassles already.
she's done 283327 k's so far

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2