Fordmods Logo

dø i need to tune? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: dø i need to tune?
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ready to modify, not chasing big numbers I'm sure I'll be happy with the outcome, cai, intercooler piping I heard the stock piping doesn't hold up too well, 4" dump pipe 100 CPI cat bigger injectors and 3.5" catback system, I read on another forum that a tune is a must dø if you replace the factory cat am I being steered in the correct direction?

Post subject: Re: dø i need to tune?
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Ed Xr6

QLD, Australia

I don't think you can put 4 inch dump succsessfully with out doing flapper mod, think it causes major boost creep. Your standard dump is fine along with 3.5 100 cell and even a 3 inch sports exhaust will hold more then your bottom end will. Cai is a good idea and a custom tune after any minor modification is a good idea. You will want to look at valve springs before anything else then do the rest with some new injectors and expect 350-400 rwhp 11-12 psi, don't push it to far with the bottom end you have.

Poly green Ed xr6-new n/a motor on the way.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

to be honest all I wanted to start with was cai and a full system I wanna hear it roar, but have been told in order to dø that I need to dø everything else first just to be safe, I don't mind the safety of my engine is alot more important than what I want out of it, is it possible to just dø a safer tune say keep it around the 300 rwkw mark I heard the turbo's reach their potential at around 330rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

to be honest all I wanted to start with was cai and a full system I wanna hear it roar, but have been told in order to dø that I need to dø everything else first just to be safe, I don't mind the safety of my engine is alot more important than what I want out of it, is it possible to just dø a safer tune say keep it around the 300 rwkw mark I heard the turbo's reach their potential at around 330rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Ed Xr6

QLD, Australia

To get 300 rwkw safely change the valve springs first, it's not that expensive, then do your full system (dump back), cai. Then tune and you'll have your 300 rwkw with some good injectors (probably most expensive part) turbo is fine.

Poly green Ed xr6-new n/a motor on the way.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ok thanks heaps for your advice mate

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]