Fordmods Logo

LPG converter punctured? reapairable? replace? 

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

i called around today and got a amaring range of prices and answers half the people have no idea what theyre talking about. im gonna go in tomoz morning to get a quote from a place near by. if thats no good ill give "cheersdudes" contacts a ring if that dosent work ill be goin for a trip to north sunshine.

wow life story

cheers ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Phil's good, he knows what he's talking about and doesn't rip people off, he done my XD back in 1990 and i've sent people there ever since..... It's a shame he's so far away.

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah. ive desided to go for a place near my house. just because im abit busy at work to drive out there. itll cost a little more but such is life i suppose. Thanks for all your help. it was probably gonna cost about 430 by the time i got everything to switch over to the OMVL and i managed to get a quote for $510 installed Poliauto and im happy paying a little extra to keep the system the same.

Hopefully i should see a power increase over the old one cause it was probably rooted for a little while.

cheers ben

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Mate, DO NOT go with the Poli, every single LPG installer will tell you the same, eventually you will be back to square 1... I think i mentioned that i had it on my EF when i bought it, the best thing i did was throw it in the bin!

How many people in this thread including LPG installers told you to go with the OMVL? Almost every one of them!

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

most of the mechanics i talked to said to chuck another poli in. even the ones who knew they wernt getting my business. the omvl is just a diff system cheaper but requires afew changes and abit of mucking round. ill be able to tell you friday if i made a big mistake

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well its in an running pretty good but the mech put the lines all over the top of the rocker cover which is pretty messy if you ask me

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

SlickNCGhia wrote:
well its in an running pretty good but the mech put the lines all over the top of the rocker cover which is pretty messy if you ask me

Change them then, not that hard :)

The gas hose is best to go over the Rocker Cover tho, the shorter you have it, the better..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

what do yas think of having the gas converter under the passenger footwell, just near the air conditioner drip pipe in that area. thats where mine is mounted, biotch to get tuned however.
everyone wants to move it, but i would rather not be able to see the shoddy converter heh.

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Post subject: Re: LPG converter punctured? reapairable? replace?
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon 2001 LPG Factory

ACT, Australia

Hi Mates,

I'm a new member here, I live in Canberra. I have a 2001 Falcon (LPG Dedicated). The car couldn't start, so yesterday I just got my car towed to the mechanics. He examined its lpg converter and found that it was full of water. He recommended me to replace the gas converter and roughly estimated $ 1000 for the total fee. Oh my God, I asked him whether it could be reconditioned or else used other brand of converter like OMVL (i searched in the net and found that one is recommended). But he argued based on his experience only Vialle will compatible with Ford Falcon system and replacement is the best option. FYI my Ford is 2001 model (march) and already run for 276.000 kms. Any better suggestion about this. I desperately need your suggestion for cheaper alternatives as that quotes is really struck my head now.
Thanks a lot mates, I really appreciated your kind attention.

p.s: for Twase: could you please tell me where I can go for ordering the Vialle converter?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Au II Ghia Sedan / 89 F250

VIC, Australia

Sorry to dig this thread up again just letting you know you can get a vialle convertor re-kit straight from Denmark (here in 7-10 days) for just $69 euro ($84 AUD) inc postage just bought one from this seller on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com.au/shop-lpg/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 gotta love the internet! lol

Also for all the OMVL guys ebay again $185 + $15postage aust wide http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LPG-Converter-OMVL-RE-90-/250976411208?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6f5c1e48

Quote:
----- Original Message -----

To: lpgshop@poczta.fm

Subject: Vialle converter repair kit

Dear Nev

This repair kit fits the following Vialle converters: 5964-4A, 5973-3A, 5959-1AEF, 5959-1A, 5960-2A, 5968-1A.
1 set costs 62 Euro, the delivery to Australia - 7 Euro. Product available in stock.
I think, Shipment should arrive to Australia within 7 - 10 days.
Paymant by PAYPAL.
I sent you an invitation to the payment by PAYPAL.

Best Regards
SHOP-LPG
Marek

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

LWRDEF wrote:
Sorry to dig this thread up again just letting you know you can get a vialle convertor re-kit straight from Denmark (here in 7-10 days) for just $69 euro ($84 AUD) inc postage just bought one from this seller on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com.au/shop-lpg/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 gotta love the internet! lol

Also for all the OMVL guys ebay again $185 + $15postage aust wide http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LPG-Converter-OMVL-RE-90-/250976411208?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6f5c1e48

Quote:
----- Original Message -----

To: lpgshop@poczta.fm

Subject: Vialle converter repair kit

Dear Nev

This repair kit fits the following Vialle converters: 5964-4A, 5973-3A, 5959-1AEF, 5959-1A, 5960-2A, 5968-1A.
1 set costs 62 Euro, the delivery to Australia - 7 Euro. Product available in stock.
I think, Shipment should arrive to Australia within 7 - 10 days.
Paymant by PAYPAL.
I sent you an invitation to the payment by PAYPAL.

Best Regards
SHOP-LPG
Marek

I didn't think it would take long after the OMVL price drop for some one on ebay to bastardise the market.

How does the old saying go. Give people enough mark up and they'll give half of it away.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4