Fordmods Logo

spool time 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: spool time
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 xr6

NSW, Australia

Seen an fg with one of these turbo on YouTube but one turbo size lower.. iam want a drag oriented turbo for mid to high power but still want it to spool up between 2500rpm to 2800rpm jst in case I need to pass a gtr or v8 on the highway or long str8 roads lol

Link for.the.turbo below they are based in the USA
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merc ... FP#Reviews

Post subject: Re: spool time
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

flyxr6 wrote:
Seen an fg with one of these turbo on YouTube but one turbo size lower.. iam want a drag oriented turbo for mid to high power but still want it to spool up between 2500rpm to 2800rpm jst in case I need to pass a gtr or v8 on the highway or long str8 roads lol

That turbo wont spool up at that rev range. Maybe another 800 to 1000 revs before it comes alive.
If you want something to smash people on the street and still run a respectable time, go with the gt3540, or to4z or put a to4z front compressor housing on a gt3540 and stick with 0.8 to 1.06 rear cover. Keep it to3 rear housing and wind up the boost to anywhere from 20-30 psi providing you have a tough bottom end and awesome tuning will be unbeatable on the street and run 10's easy. The gt3540 and to4z turbos have proven themselves on the street as the best all-round turbos. Once you go gt40 and up, it becomes less streetable.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 xr6

NSW, Australia

The Judge wrote:
flyxr6 wrote:

That turbo wont spool up at that rev range. Maybe another 800 to 1000 revs before it comes alive.
If you want something to smash people on the street and still run a respectable time, go with the gt3540, or to4z or put a to4z front compressor housing on a gt3540 and stick with 0.8 to 1.06 rear cover. Keep it to3 rear housing and wind up the boost to anywhere from 20-30 psi providing you have a tough bottom end and awesome tuning will be unbeatable on the street and run 10's easy. The gt3540 and to4z turbos have proven themselves on the street as the best all-round turbos. Once you go gt40 and up, it becomes less streetable.

Thanks brother, I still got you and Jason contacts you were right about Jason I think I can't go wrong and he does it without asking for 5grand for a tune and cat bak exhaust like the quotes I got syd tuners just wished he was here in syd hahaha.
Iam aiming to break into the high 9 region if that mean ill spool up a bit a higher ill jst drive it harder, or have transbrake from the lights hahaha

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FORD FE LTD TURBO/ XE TURBO

NSW, Australia

flyxr6 wrote:
The Judge wrote:
flyxr6 wrote:

Thanks brother, I still got you and Jason contacts you were right about Jason I think I can't go wrong and he does it without asking for 5grand for a tune and cat bak exhaust like the quotes I got syd tuners just wished he was here in syd hahaha.
Iam aiming to break into the high 9 region if that mean ill spool up a bit a higher ill jst drive it harder, or have transbrake from the lights hahaha

Funny man. Do it once, do it right and don't worry about it ever again. gt42 is a great turbo if you don't mind a little lag. Once they're on, it's all hell break loose. You won't need a transbrake and I know your joking.... incase others think you're for real lol

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Why not look at Precision turbo's? Something like a 6766?

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]