Fordmods Logo

my abs light dosnt come on at start up 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: my abs light dosnt come on at start up
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcons

New Zealand

hi i need a bit of help i had me ed futura in for a wof today and it failed on the abs light not coming on ? ive changed the bulb behind the guage cluster still nothing. is there a fuse for the abs ? ive checked all the ones i can find and there all good are there any other common problems it could be before i take it to an auto sparkie ?

Post subject: Re: my abs light dosnt come on at start up
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hmmm. If it STAYS on you are usually in trouble, not coming on at all is interesting. Hopefully SNAP or some other brilliant sparky type will happen by this thread shortly.

Could need a new ABS set up - Should be under $100 from a wrecker where you remove it yourself.

Well worth a try even if it doesn't work... Auto Sparkies charge a lot don't they?

But first, I would wait for someone to come through with a bunch of easy checks. Like make sure there is a circuit between certain pins... Make sure there is 12v at the ABS system maybe???

(And, by the way, my ED Futura had the light come back on after a minute or two of driving so when I took it for a WOF I removed the bulb. The auto sparky I took it to did the warrant and wrote N/A in the ABS column on the forms as he did not think the old 94 whale had ABS in it....)\

Good luck mate!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]