Fordmods Logo

ford panel warranty and spoilers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: ford panel warranty and spoilers
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

ive had my car from new from ford just on 2 years now. i had the spoiler put on by them at time of purchase and have found the clear coat starting to lift. as the spoiler wasnt from the factory as such when the car was made is it still covered by the ford panel warranty? or does the individual dealer provide its own warranty on the work? all the paint work on the car itself is fine, just the spoiler. if im up for a free respray of it, i may upgrade to an fpv edition if i can find one cheap enough. would they let me supply a different spoiler for the free spray? will be ringing ford tommorow, but im expecting the usual we dont cover that crap so they can fob me off.......

Post subject: Re: ford panel warranty and spoilers
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

You should be able to get it fixed under warranty. Even though it's not "factory fitted" it is a factory spoiler and it would have come from the factory in that colour . i only say this as i used to work as a detailer at a ford dealer and would fit spoilers and other things (tow bars side steps bull bars ) that were ordered from customers but not fitted from the factory.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If the part was an accessory fitted it is governed by the Parts Replacement warranty. The Warranty is 12 months or 20,000 klms. If it is over that time, don't expect any warranty coverage.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

Always thought that would be covered by the car warranty.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

philbie wrote:
Always thought that would be covered by the car warranty.

ONLY if it was fitted when the car came new. Accessories are a funny thing.

Not only that but Ford DIDN'T paint it, why should they warrant some other person's painting?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok well i rang ford today. talked to the service guy, he looked up the details and saw i had the spoiler installed when i bought the car new. he then said as its a g6e it doesnt come from the factory with the spoiler, so its not covered by ford warranty. fair enough i thought as it wasnt their handy work. but then he basically says sorry i cant help and fobs me off. personally i would of thought he could of supplied me with the details of the company that painted it so i could contact them direct, or even offer to contact that company for me and see what can be done. it is after all ford's name that will be tarnished if its not rectified.

i rang back later to enquire what sort of warranty is offered on non factory spoilers and by whom, and the other bloke from service suggested i talk to the salesman as they organise the spoiler fitting and such. he was most helpful by looking up my records and supplying the salesmans name and even offering to transfer me through. the salesman then took my details and said he would look into it. not ten minutes later i get a call back from him saying the guy from the company that did it wants to have a look at it, and if its faulty then between him and us we will rectify that for you. so i have a guy coming to have a look tomorrow, and it looks like a free respray.

the only upsetting thing for me so far is the attitude of the first contact person. sure its not fords fault, but they were my only contact in the dealing. anything wrong with the car is reflected back to them and their credibility regardless of technicalities. in all my dealings with the public in various retail type jobs, ive always been told that you make the customer happy first, any squabling is done between you and other companies behind the scenes later.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
i rang back later to enquire what sort of warranty is offered on non factory spoilers and by whom, and the other bloke from service suggested i talk to the salesman as they organise the spoiler fitting and such. he was most helpful by looking up my records and supplying the salesmans name and even offering to transfer me through. the salesman then took my details and said he would look into it. not ten minutes later i get a call back from him saying the guy from the company that did it wants to have a look at it, and if its faulty then between him and us we will rectify that for you. so i have a guy coming to have a look tomorrow, and it looks like a free respray.

the only upsetting thing for me so far is the attitude of the first contact person. sure its not fords fault, but they were my only contact in the dealing. anything wrong with the car is reflected back to them and their credibility regardless of technicalities. in all my dealings with the public in various retail type jobs, ive always been told that you make the customer happy first, any squabling is done between you and other companies behind the scenes later.

Matey, may I suggest that you set all of this to a letter and send it to Ford themselves. They do NOT like that sort of bad customer service and the dealership will get a written kick in the butt and YES, it does make a difference to CEO's.

I am glad that you got help :)

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

further update, still have not heard nor seen of the bloke from the spoiler shop. shall be keeping you posted on progress.

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ok further update. after all the xmas shenanigans involved in managing a liquor store, chasing car salesmen and contacting a spoiler shop about shoddy painting, we sort of have a result. the spoiler shop in question has offered to paint me a new spoiler and swap them over whenever im free to drop the car in. as the current spoiler will be off anyway, i have started making enquiries in regards to fitment of either the f6 or gt spoiler into the holes already in the bootlid. the spoiler shop is currently closed for the xmas break, but will be getting supply prices for me on both fpv spoilers upon reopening. im leaning more towards a gt spoiler as i already have a full gt bodykit, however price will be a factor and wether it lines up with the holes i already have.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

can i ask ther where abouts of this place?.

we got fobbed off on dads XR with a GT wing (fitted before delivery) which is cracking.

talks with the shop denied supplying or fitting. sadly for the spoilershop in myaree they have used photos of the exact car in their photos..

needless to say im after a new wing from them now

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

pm sent bf xr.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

Just another question I bought a 2005 BA Mk2 took it back after inspection report and as I was about to leave the service manager noticed that the paint on the bonnet was bubbling in on spot then told the other guy to get a camera and took photos of the bonnet .roof and boot. The service manager after picking at the paint said he would put a warranty into ford to try and get it fixed.

Has anyone know if this is true?

In Henry I Trust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]