Fordmods Logo

hall sensor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: hall sensor
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

O.k., got to replace the Hall sensor ,rather than the whole distributor. I haven't had a look inside the dizzy yet but, apart from the obvious (remove dizzy etc) is it simply "plug and play" or is there other stuff involved, like soldered joints etc.?

bit of a story here: sensor playing up, so rang Repco for cost of new dist ($150). I mentioned that in some cases after market units had shown, that in some cases, the gears had stripped on the unit, destroying aux shaft gears etc. making expensive repairs

Repco said that they really hadn't heard of this, but if I would like to give RAE a ring.......

So, called RAE (they make the dizzys or import them I'm not sure which) and mentioned the same thing. Steve, at RAE said: "Well, yes, it has been known to happen. We recommend that, if you use our distributors, (part #DB605N ) you use the gear off the old distributor"

I reckon that just about says it all..........................

Cheers all 8-)

Post subject: Re: hall sensor
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon EA

VIC, Australia

creeture3 wrote:
O.k., got to replace the Hall sensor ,rather than the whole distributor. I haven't had a look inside the dizzy yet but, apart from the obvious (remove dizzy etc) is it simply "plug and play" or is there other stuff involved, like soldered joints etc.?

bit of a story here: sensor playing up, so rang Repco for cost of new dist ($150). I mentioned that in some cases after market units had shown, that in some cases, the gears had stripped on the unit, destroying aux shaft gears etc. making expensive repairs

Repco said that they really hadn't heard of this, but if I would like to give RAE a ring.......

So, called RAE (they make the dizzys or import them I'm not sure which) and mentioned the same thing. Steve, at RAE said: "Well, yes, it has been known to happen. We recommend that, if you use our distributors, (part #DB605N ) you use the gear off the old distributor"

I reckon that just about says it all..........................

Cheers all 8-)

What problem did you have for your reason to put a new one in?

Post subject: Re: hall sensor
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Strange goings on: car wouild drive, and then simply stop. At first I thought it was the ignition module, but when I replaced that, nothing happened.

The next morning, it started!! I ran it for a bit, and then stopped it. It wouldn't start again.

Went for Hall sensor: fixed 8-)

After a bit of research, bought new one from Repco ($100) took dizzy apart (EASY) replaced the sensor, (EASY) refitted and it fired up, and hasn't stopped since touch wood!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]