Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef futura

VIC, Australia

Gday,

I have a ba xr6t but i want to know wheather it is a waste to buy

Transmition cooler- but not towing all day
Oil cooler- for reliability
Bigger 52mm alluminium core radiator

Reasons in which i am thinking of the cooling is again as i have said i am very annal on reliability for my car so in buying these 3 things is it worth it? If so where can i purchase these bc i have looked on ebay n even gumtree and not alot is out there for the ba-bf.

Is it a waste of money if money is spent on tranny cooler,oil cooler, and bigger rad?

Any help and advice will be appreciated

Post subject: Re: Xr6 turbo reliability
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

All of them WILL be beneficial for your car in terms of reliability, the trans cooler is a must in my opinion, as the main cause for gear box failure, or the most common in those falcons, is the coolant leaking into the cooler lines that run through the radiator for the tranny, so by putting in an external tranny cooler, u guarantee that your box isnt gonna blow from coolant mixing with tranny fluid, and your box will run at a lower temp, from the external cooler, which i put as high as i could, behind the top grill, so as it gets max air flow, which results in a longer lasting gear box, as for the oil cooler and bigger radiator, they dont have to be done, but definitely worth it if u can be bothered, oil cooler will mean less oil changes and that the oil wont have to work as hard to lubricate the motor as its intended, it lowers the working temp of the oil by about 20 - 30 %, but in my opinion not really needed unless u wanna chase some power, but again, if u can be bothered, definitely worth it, and with a thicker radiator u'd prob be wasting money on that, if there is nothing wrong with the one that's in there now, don't bother, a thicker radiator would mean the fans would need to work a bit harder to cool the larger volume of coolant in the system, although beneficial it seems over kill to upgrade to a bigger one, if the one in there is fine any way

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate,

Yeah as u have said it totally answered my question. So i guess radiator would be alil bit of a overkill because the radiator i have at the moment is good. So i guess tranny cooler is a must and if so oil cooler.

Mate do you know were i can buy a tranny cooler because ebay dosnt have it and ive searched on the net an not sure which to buy whether it is a cheap imported or the genuine tranny cooler. I have sussed out pwr tranny coolers? So far but not sure of any oil coolers

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

its all pretty much the same s**t man, just go on ebay and type in oil cooler, or transmission cooler, and find ur self a generic one, for the tranny ull need about 3 m of transmission hose, which u can get at like pirtek or any other hose shop, or repco, supercheap, ect.. or u can buy the kit

http://intunemotorsport.com.au/intune/T ... ion_x.html

and the oil cooler, same deal just go on ebay and find the generic one, then for that ull need some steel braided hose and some fittings, and ull have to tap of an oil line somewhere, not 100% on this, but wouldnt see any problem doing it that way

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

LOLHSV wrote:
its all pretty much the same s**t man, just go on ebay and type in oil cooler, or transmission cooler, and find ur self a generic one, for the tranny ull need about 3 m of transmission hose, which u can get at like pirtek or any other hose shop, or repco, supercheap, ect.. or u can buy the kit

http://intunemotorsport.com.au/intune/T ... ion_x.html

and the oil cooler, same deal just go on ebay and find the generic one, then for that ull need some steel braided hose and some fittings, and ull have to tap of an oil line somewhere, not 100% on this, but wouldnt see any problem doing it that way

Cheers mate,

Appreciate it ill look into it right away

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]