Fordmods Logo

94 xg ute water pump 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 94 xg ute water pump
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hi all, I am a new member to this site and new to fixing up cars, but I am finding after doing a little work to a 94 xg falcon ute I really enjoy it! Have hit a little road block with the water pump, I am trying to get the cooling fan off that sits in front of the water pump, as I am replacing the water pump, does anyone have any suggestions on an easy way to do this?

Post subject: Re: 94 xg ute water pump
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

Frank29 wrote:
Hi all, I am a new member to this site and new to fixing up cars, but I am finding after doing a little work to a 94 xg falcon ute I really enjoy it! Have hit a little road block with the water pump, I am trying to get the cooling fan off that sits in front of the water pump, as I am replacing the water pump, does anyone have any suggestions on an easy way to do this?

Yep, you need to make the special clutch fan removal tool. It holds on to the water pump pulley bolts.

If you have a service manual, it should tell you how to make it. And also you need a 32mm spanner. I THINK that it is left hand thread too. I should know, I seem to replace the water pump once a year :(

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Post subject: Re: 94 xg ute water pump
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Yeh thanks evxr6. I ended up ripping the water pump out, fan and all, and took it round to a mate who had a vice. Yep it is reverse threaded, took a little heaving and hoeing, but we got there! I ended up getting it back on pretty smoothly, with the water pump. So I've now replaced the alternator, power steering pump, the belts, top and bottom radiator hoses, spark plugs, ignition lines, oil filter, oil and the cooler pipes that run from the transmission to the radiator, not a bad effort I'd say! It started yesterday after all this, and seems to run pretty smoothly, accept for an oil leak thats coming out from that front corner where the cooler pipes meet the radiator, but is not leaking from those two unions, I cant work out where it's coming from! Thinking possibly the fan is blowing it in from somewhere else, but cant work out where?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]