Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

Am in nsw so if its a write off it will be a parts car

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

That's not cool. If the repairs will be under the insured value, even if they want to "write it off", try & push them to repair it anyway, because that's what we pay insurance for anyway!

Good luck with it man.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Honestly I don't think in gonna push for repairs, unfortunately the ute was bit too badly maintained.
Don't get me wrong if they repair awesome but am not
Gonna push for it

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

It's a total loss write off, now just have to push for the money and find a donor shell for the good bits, anyone got a ef/el wagon they want to get rid of?

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That's a shame mate, just make sure they give you a good payout, review what the redbook says your car's worth & see if it is even close to what they are offering, minus the buy back fee.

Good luck.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Market value is 5k and won't take anything less, and for some reason they aren't asking for the ute!! So if I get to keep it am gonna chuck the good bits into a wagon I think

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: S1 AU Fairmont Ghia VCT

NSW, Australia

reviving an old thread.
The ute in question was an absolut piece of crap.
it came into the shop where I was working running on 3 1/2 cylinders,not an unscratched or damaged panel anywhere and had crap all through it.
there was a lot of unseen damage.
It WAS quoted as a repair,but the insurance company said that it was uneconomical to repair.
To the poster that thinks that panel shops don't wan t to repair this type of thing,You are WRONG.
In the current economic climate,some repairers will work just to cover overheads to keep the doors open.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EFrustrated wrote:
reviving an old thread.
it came into the shop where I was working running on 3 1/2 cylinders,not an unscratched or damaged panel anywhere and had crap all through it.
It WAS quoted as a repair,but the insurance company said that it was uneconomical to repair.
To the poster that thinks that panel shops don't wan t to repair this type of thing,You are WRONG.
In the current economic climate,some repairers will work just to cover overheads to keep the doors open.

Some repairers might do that, my own personal dealings with car's in the 10 to 20 year old bracket is that most panel shops just don't give a stuff, they have enough work anyway. Anything older or younger they are usually jumping at to repair. I'm sure there are the exceptions out there!

Can you still quote a repair in NSW considering there are supposed to be no repairable write-off's, unless you apply to the right govt dept to get an exemption to the rule? How are panel shops surviving since these rules come into play?

When you say unscratched or undamaged, are you talking big dints or little shopping trolley dints & key scratches/stone chips that you get when you drive a car every day?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
EFrustrated wrote:
reviving an old thread.

When you say unscratched or undamaged, are you talking big dints or little shopping trolley dints & key scratches/stone chips that you get when you drive a car every day?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

It was atypical 17 year old ute. Not a loved car at all.
repair.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EFrustrated wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
EFrustrated wrote:
reviving an old thread.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

repair.

Thats a fairly high and mighty attitude coming from you there.
It was knocked around. Have you thought the owner bought it off someone that hadnt looked after it but was working on it as a project?
My Maverick is a total piece of s**t in a panel beaters eyes but I love it to bits. It is my project vehicle.
When it got hit in the front it was quoted as a repair as well. The panel shop that did it told me straight up it would be a financial write off and I would be paid out as I put a 3rd party claim in , but they were putting the quote in becaue they got paid for that.
In the same breath he told me once its paid out Ill be free to do what I want with it as it wouldnt be listed as a reapairable because it was a third party claim , but for me to not bother coming back to the panel shop to have it fixed as he didnt want to know about it.
He didnt want to touch it because he reckon his work would be better then the rest of the vehicle.
Sounds a very similar attitude to what your displaying here....................

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: DL LTD - AU LTD Limousine

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
EFrustrated wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
EFrustrated wrote:
reviving an old thread.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

repair.

Thats a fairly high and mighty attitude coming from you there.
It was knocked around. Have you thought the owner bought it off someone that hadnt looked after it but was working on it as a project?
My Maverick is a total piece of s**t in a panel beaters eyes but I love it to bits. It is my project vehicle.
When it got hit in the front it was quoted as a repair as well. The panel shop that did it told me straight up it would be a financial write off and I would be paid out as I put a 3rd party claim in , but they were putting the quote in becaue they got paid for that.
In the same breath he told me once its paid out Ill be free to do what I want with it as it wouldnt be listed as a reapairable because it was a third party claim , but for me to not bother coming back to the panel shop to have it fixed as he didnt want to know about it.
He didnt want to touch it because he reckon his work would be better then the rest of the vehicle.
Sounds a very similar attitude to what your displaying here....................

Ha! where's the "LIKE" button?

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Thanks evl, I did love it. I bought it as a fix up, and It was running on 5 cyl but before the Axcident I had it booked in to be repaired the following thurs. and to the panel beater, I know exactly who you are! Not a smart idea calling people's cars a price of crap.. What makes u think I would use your shop ever again or even recommend it knowing u don't give 2 s**t about customers cars.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

EFNA wrote:
I know exactly who you are!
You don't really.

. What makes u think I would use your shop ever again or even recommend it knowing u don't give 2 s**t about customers cars.

I don't care if you do or don't.
My comments were My opinions and I will stick with them.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

EFrustrated wrote:
EFNA wrote:
I know exactly who you are!
You don't really.

. What makes u think I would use your shop ever again or even recommend it knowing u don't give 2 s**t about customers cars.

I don't care if you do or don't.
My comments were My opinions and I will stick with them.

Ah, but in this financial climate, aggressive opinions such as yours can lose your shop customers. Throw into the mix that you posted this on the internet, not just as idle chatter, and you have a crummy business attitude. But if being unable to restrain posting your opinions in a public forum is what you wanna do, go right ahead. Just hope that your shop isn't named.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

EFrustrated wrote:
reviving an old thread.

Mate i don't know what information u have but it was quoted as write off!! Do you even know what car it is?
Also no insurance company is involved. U are so full of sh*t

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3