Fordmods Logo

au smartlock/sheild 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: au smartlock/sheild
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 falcon eb xr6

VIC, Australia

Ive come accross a 1999 au fairmont ghia now befor i start the car is not stolen. the ignition has been totaly taken off and left with what is normally attached to the back of the ignition so u can turn on the car without key now heres the problem when i turn the car to acc the fuel pump primes and everthing lights up but when i go and turn it that last bit nuthen happens also the radio dosnt turn on and the speedo when left on acc will shake and u can here kinda like a realy faint siren comeing from with in the dash i just want it to start so i can run it into the ground as its allrdy been in a big smash and no 1 will buy it

1992 falcon eb manual xr6 minor head work j3 chip tuned to a el xr6 manual ecu pushing 130rwkw

Post subject: Re: au smartlock/sheild
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

better grammer will help us understand what your asking....

Post subject: Re: au smartlock/sheild
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bryce67 wrote:
Ive come across a 1999 au fairmont ghia now before I start the car is not stolen. the ignition has been totally taken off and left with what is normally attached to the back of the ignition so you can turn on the car without a key now, here's the problem, when I turn the car to acc the fuel pump primes and everything lights up but when i go and turn it that last bit nothing happens. The radio doesn't turn on and the Speedo when left on acc will shake and you can here kinda like a really faint siren coming from with in the dash. I just want it to start so I can run it into the ground as it's already been in a big smash and no one will buy it.

Beside the fact that you do need to spell a little better, the problem is that you will need to get a new Ignition switch with the harness attached and then a Barrel and Key with it. A Wrecker won't charge much for them.

One other thought, why not take the thing apart and SELL the goodies off it? better than running it into the ground?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]