Fordmods Logo

6.5" speakers in ef falcon. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 6.5" speakers in ef falcon.
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

i know mods are needed and im willing to do it, just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice? Anyone done it? Ive got some wicked speakers and i wanna use them.

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Post subject: Re: 6.5" speakers in ef falcon.
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I have 6.5" speakers in mine, however I did a dodgy...they are held in by just the top screw and when you put the door skin on, it pushes the speakers into the door frame...holds it still and the woofers still have room to flex...they don't even rattle.

Anyways, for a proper job, you'd need a spacer made up. Thickness of spacer is dependent on the depth of the speaker basket/magnet. Pretty sure a thin spacer can still fit behind the door skin using stock grill.

If your speaker basket/magnet goes in deep, then you'd need a thick spacer, have to remove the stock grill by melting/breaking the holding tabs off from the back and making a custom garnish to fit into the removed grill. You can either mount the speaker behind the garnish with aftermarket grill, or mount the speaker on top of the garnish/door trim so that the speaker also holds the door trim in place.

Just make sure that when you mount the speaker, put your window down first so that the window doesn't get caught on the magnet.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: Re: 6.5" speakers in ef falcon.
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

I think its around 75mm deep i will double check when i get home. I read somewhere on fordmods that the depth of the hole is around 72 mm also. I think the guide i read said to use a 12mm spacer. Ideally i want it behind the stock speaker grill.

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]