Fordmods Logo

BA XR6 ICC removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: BA XR6 ICC removal
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BA MkII XR6

VIC, Australia

My plan is to remove the ICC and make a custom fiberglass one to make room for an alpine double din head unit now my issues is that when i remove it obviously it sets off the immobilizer. What i want to know is if there is a way to just remove ICC from immobilizing the car so the not having the right key and stuff still immobilizes it.... AND to get a wiring loom that also connects all the climate control stuff up aswell

Post subject: Re: BA XR6 ICC removal
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

how do u plan on fitting a double din in..? i think its gonna be more work than its worth...actually i know its gonna be more work than its worth, trust me, i think its been done on here before, but it looked like a massive headache, grab urself a single din flipscreen and mount it into the tissue tray area....

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

By getting rid of the screen thats there and the cd player and just keeping the lower half. I understand its going to be a massive job but i already have my head unit from my old car and i want to make it unique. I just really need to find a wiring diagram for all the plugs down the bottom of the unit and for the back. If anyone knows of where i can find a reliable set of diagrams let me know.. There was this replacement custom ICC on ebay that had a 7" screen and you put you head unit down below it removed the air vents and was pretty nice i wanted to ask him how he did it but i cant find it again so i know its not impossible..
and i don't have to worry so much about the quality of my fiberglassing although im not bad but itll just get sanded back and wrapped so thatll mask anything pretty well

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

So the ICC is out and i bypassed the immobilizer the only problem is that the climate control is not getting power i made sure not to tilt the bit with the mercury switch but yeh no power which doesnt bother me a huge amount cos i use my windows but i like knowing its there and i like the little light button.. So if by chance someone on here was not scared off by everyone saying its a massive btch of a job can you let me know if theres an easy fix cos my test light is at home..

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]