Fordmods Logo

Possibly just bought a flood damaged BA. help? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Possibly just bought a flood damaged BA. help?
Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
thats not good, if the dealer knew it had been under water imo he shouldnt be selling it ..unless you got it for uber cheap,,
i would be first telling the dealer that your not happy and see what he says, then if need be contact consumer affairs and see where you stand..

if it was damaged while in his yard the dealers insurance would have covered him for the cars damage...but it could have been deemed as repairable?

if there is nothing you can do legally i would sell it off, ba's suffer from rust pretty easily so after being for a swim it will probably start rusting within a few years, if it hasnt started already?

as the second most likely been a repairable right of and needed the full RWC at a government place im sure they know what to look for in a water damage?

OR if they really are dishonest they would not have claimed on insurance and not tell anyone about the "damage" and just gave it the once over and its not on record any where only in the "dealers" wank bank

If it is the second then i am not sure where anyone would stand ?

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:15 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

The dealer is responsible and they must by law disclose if the car has been in an accident or flooded. Take it back to the dealer and ask them what they are going to do about it. At the very least they should get it cleaned and cleared as safe and sound. If, however, they don't get the consumer affairs involved and watch them run for cover.

My brother bought a Camry in Darwin from a dealer who described it as immaculate. What he didn't tell my brother it was under four feet of water when Katherine flooded way back when. Started rusting in places it shouldn't have and the rank smell gave it away. When he had it for a week, the treatment the dealer put in the car to mask the smell was wearing off and bro lifted the carpets to find good ole Katherine silt and mud on the floor as well as in the sill behind the dash, which left the watermark.

He drove it straight back to the dealer who tried to wash his hands of it but, when bro rang the MTA directly as well as his insurance company, they refunded him the total amount immediately. You have legal consumer rights when dealing with these pricks and personally you should be throwing the book at them!

Hooroo

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

It NSW. Dealers dont have to tell buyers s**t. The only thing they have to disclose is if they have rebuilt the car from a repaired writeoff.
As far as previous accidents goes. If it been repaired and passes rego thats good enough.
By the looks of it the car was bought in Wagga which as we all know has just had some big flooding.
Depending on where the car yard is located there may have been no insurance claim made by the yard as they may not have flood insurance. Remember Wagga is known as a town that floods and has a levee bank. No insurance company would cover the yard , so they would just clean the cars up and move them on.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

The NT, ACT must disclose if the car is flood damaged. Just shows these motor dealers have no spine and just after the sale. Also highlights these so called business people are not interested in selling quality vehicles, rather they continue to rip people off for the sake of a buck.

True insurance won't cover the dealer in a flood prone area, however, if you insure the car the moment you take possession, the insurance company takes a vested interest in your purchase. If it was sold cheap, so be it and reflected the damaged value of the car, if sold at full market rate - different story!

Hooroo

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: fairmount au 5ltr

WA, Australia

I would check web sites that are gov controlled ie revs or the one for Qld or NSW and see if it has been written off or repairable writeoff. They will (car dealers will do shonkie things to make a buck) if you have just brought it you have three months cover for repairs or one week for returns. I have brought two cars from the eastern states and have checked both times on the revs site for the above information and they where all clear. If you find that a bit hard ring a insurance co and they will tell you what and where or if the car has been written off some time in its life good luck. :?
thteddieboii wrote:
Just got my new ba xr6. Upon removing the drivers side kick panel I noticed alot of dirt. Thinking its been in a flood will add photos. How can I tell for sure?
/http://www.dropbox.com/s/xt5hzfievbxdi7q/20130307_205100.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0v6lw9lyh1zw73/20130307_211107.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/of24sm4cosumbvv/20130307_211121.jpg]

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2