Fordmods Logo

Flip Key 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Flip Key
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Falcon GLi

NSW, Australia

Hi, searched the forum and google but still can't find a definite answer.

Wanting to buy http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewi ... 0689184588 as I put my keys in the same pocket as my phone. Called Ford (brad garlic) about getting them to program it to my car. They said they cannot program flip keys to the BF as the transponder is different to flip keys. Upon doing research some people say just program them they same way you program the BF remotes (need to program all existing remotes again?), get the key cut then program the key (must have 2 keys?).

Would like to know if anyone here has done it, messaged the seller on eBay and he can't give a definitive answer why ford would/could not program it.

Any help would be great, cheers.

Post subject: Re: Flip Key
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The reason is that what you are talking about is something they nothing about. The Mhz rating of the FG and BF remotes are the same it is just that most Ford dealers will not do it.

Do you have the Tibby key or is it the later flat type? If the key is a Tibby one you will need to buy an after market key.
AFAIK, the programming is the same for the Remotes but the key you have to buy is NOT a genuine Ford part and you will need the chip from the key you have to make the whole thing work.

If you have the flat type key I cannot see why they wouldn't do it? Try another Ford dealer but remember, if it is a flat key they are laser cut and I think about $60.00 to get it done and not all locksmith places have the machinery to do it.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

G'day Papa,

Cheers for the reply. The key I have looks like this http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l48 ... DB2523.jpg not exactly sure what a tibby key is sorry, It's a nov 2007 make bf if that helps identification.

The ebayer said to program the remote, have the key cut, then program the key (assuming it has a blank chip), he said some fords don't like dealing with aftermarket products, and some fords don't mind.

I'll try contact a few other fords around the area.

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yours is the laser cut key. There is a locksmith out at North Parramatta that I am sure cuts these, you will need the code. You can buy the genuine key to go with the Flip type Remote and should be able to get it coded no trouble. It is the same key the FG uses.

Independent Locksmiths & Security 1300 500 605. This bloke might be able to code the key to your car as well. :)

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=552+- ... mQXGkoHICQ

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Cheers for that papa, will be giving him a call later this afternoon.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]