Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Ended up selling for $7500.

Post subject: Re: Fordman351's DOHC Turbo EL Fairmont
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: DOHC EL FAIRMONT

WA, Australia

yep, absolutley love this car. only had a couple of issues with it, nothing major tho (fried map sensor and overboosting on the dyno). made impressive power and torque.

290ish RWKW on 10 pound. =] the guys at monsta torque were great help in getting the car sorted, would highly reccomend them.

unfortunatly the stock btr hasnt liked boost. appears to have fried 3rd and 4th.
looking at replacing it with another btr as i can pick one up out of a el for a very good price (should fit without too much effor yeah?) and hopefully it will last until ive got the money saved for a t56 conversion. seems to be a lot of development happening in the btr world atm tho, so might stick with one a bit longer.

just read throught most of the thread and ive gotta say the car is a real credit to you. I didnt realise how much work/time/money went into it. its a pleasure to have bought such an awsome car.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

EL box aint going to work, you need a BA box (turbo perferably).

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo, EF 5.0L V8 Turbo

VIC, Australia

Once you get another box in it, get some sort of shift kit or get the tuner to firm up the shifts a heap.. or you'll end up with another dead auto.
Also avoid 4th gear Full throttle as most of the time they can't cope with that much power/torque in 4th..
Awesome car BTW!

EF V8T 11.54 @118mph

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: DOHC EL FAIRMONT

WA, Australia

yeah, planned on doing the s3/4 resistor mod to it. have heard a few crew running decent sort of power throught them with just that mod.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 El xr6

SA, Australia

I have had the el t5 gearbox in my el xr6 with the ba turbo motor for almost a year now and have had no dramas with it and it gets cained haha

Your commodore has just as much torque as my wheel nutts

98 EL XR6T (Barra 240T) 270rwkws

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I can't help but think fordman351 is gonna regret the sale.. I saw this car IRL and it was a beast... almost the perfect sleeper.

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon xr6

QLD, Australia

ok i have to say the way u cut the k frame would never pass mod but if u would have cut it front to back instead of up and down it would pass lot mor streath as i have dont it and u would have to cut sump as i have will send pics when work out how to upload them but in my opion i would be changing the k frame as for the lack of stregth.as for mine what i did was cut front to back turned peice i cut out over bashed in to opening to make it doubled panel then i welded it in and then i put a 5 mm flat plate on top this gives it a greater strenth in this weak point any questions just ask

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i dont think it matters now as he sold the car long ago....

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

goofie257 wrote:
ok i have to say the way u cut the k frame would never pass mod but if u would have cut it front to back instead of up and down it would pass lot mor streath as i have dont it and u would have to cut sump as i have will send pics when work out how to upload them but in my opion i would be changing the k frame as for the lack of stregth.as for mine what i did was cut front to back turned peice i cut out over bashed in to opening to make it doubled panel then i welded it in and then i put a 5 mm flat plate on top this gives it a greater strenth in this weak point any questions just ask

Aren't you the bloke that claims to have fitted an E Series sump to a Barra? So if you have done this why do you need to cut the K Frame? You say in another thread that you refitted the Barra Sump due to other issues. We asked for pics in the previous thread but still nothing. I am still very interested to see the E series sump on a Barra. Also interested in seeing your K Frame cut.

By the way, try a little punctuation in your writing as it will make what you have to say easier to understand.

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
goofie257 wrote:

Aren't you the bloke that claims to have fitted an E Series sump to a Barra? So if you have done this why do you need to cut the K Frame? You say in another thread that you refitted the Barra Sump due to other issues. We asked for pics in the previous thread but still nothing. I am still very interested to see the E series sump on a Barra. Also interested in seeing your K Frame cut.

By the way, try a little punctuation in your writing as it will make what you have to say easier to understand.

I don't think we will EVER get those pics...

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Six wrote:
SWC wrote:
goofie257 wrote:

I am very persistant....... :twisted:

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Six wrote:
SWC wrote:
goofie257 wrote:

I am very persistant....... :twisted:

Lol :lol:

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Just that is someone says states something, I like to see proof if I don't know them. :shock:

Sort by  
 Page 74 of 74  [ 1110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74