Fordmods Logo

Bitsa Taxi Wagon 

Page 24 of 24 [ 358 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post subject: Re: Bitsa Taxi Wagon
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

I have had many ideas for this and other cars but alot have just been ideas. I may attempt to try make some a reality but most dont. As for legalities, the only thing that might be illegal is the dual tailpipe. Everything else is, as mechanically the car is still stock except for the tickford motor and I am betting there are plenty of people on this site that own cars that arent legal.

Paint wise there is nothing wrong with acrylic. I even know of a few panel shops that prefer to use it over 2pac. They both have there good and bad points and really its up to the painter which paint he wants to use. I am lucky in a way as I have mates and family that used to be spray painters and 1 who has painted whole cars but mainly does smaller more graphic related paint jobs with airbrushing.

At the moment the car looks like it will be painted in a large shed which inst ideal but should still be fine.

Oh and the reason behind the possible having the rear side replaced by steel or fibreglass is more due to the fact that where I am located I can have that done quickly, easily and for a decent cost. Getting the glass is harder as no one can get out to me to do it so it would require me to do a 200km round trip to get it done which isnt an option at the moment

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

What's centrelink?

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

fiend wrote:
What's centrelink?

I have heard its a place where you put a form in and you get money for pretending to look for work.....
Its just a rumor I heard so dont take that as gospel... If you find out let me know.

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:27 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
What's centrelink?

its government payments for the unemployed/ dole...

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

I honestly think when this wagon is done its going to be great at the shows and burnout comps and as such, very interesting and new ideas! not too sure about the front number plate position but im liking the look of the back end so far! good work mate and keep it up! :wink:

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks jvangent. The reason the plate is off to one side ricer style is because I liked the idea of having the large embossed ford logo in the middle of the bar instead of having a grille with a badge. I was looking at having it mounted in the centeral opening but decided that something moulded into the bar could look better and be more legal then the fold away brackets i was looking at.

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

an updates on this?

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Post subject: Re: The wagon
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:42 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU II XR6 UTE

lukas_bartko wrote:
:lol: abit random but i used to have one of those carpets thats under the interior peice when i was a kid :lol:

Hey so did I!....hehe, we've still got it actually. :)

2001 AU II XR6 HP LIQUID SILVER UTE

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Much has happened. Front end is now a còmbination fairlane, gli custom job. Twin oil coolers behind the bar, replacement engine with bigger aftermarket cam, extractors, hi flow cat, custom intake, ported throttle body, au injectors.

Its been lowered a little, rear door handles shaved, rear handles fitted to front doors, steel boot spoiler, new rear bar, lowered rear wheel arch,

Inside has received some fairlane parts. So it got chrome handles and shifter shaft, fairlane dash, leather steering wheel and console lid.

Also got a 3rd row seat but its not going in yet but in it place is a pair of 15inch kicker subs and fusion amp.

I have also been talking to an engineer about the mods and the front seats are the only thing he needs to check but has seen them and said he is happy to tick them off now.

Other little bits are black interior bits from and ef's like buttons and seat belts. Added bonus has been that I gained a free eb 6seater wagon parts car.

The car also has some colour on the roof, bonnet and 2 doors but my compressor has blown a part and with floods progress has stopped for now

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU II XR6 UTE

pictures please!! :!: :mrgreen:

2001 AU II XR6 HP LIQUID SILVER UTE

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

head_ache wrote:
Much has happened. Front end is now a còmbination fairlane, gli custom job. Twin oil coolers behind the bar, replacement engine with bigger aftermarket cam, extractors, hi flow cat, custom intake, ported throttle body, au injectors.

Its been lowered a little, rear door handles shaved, rear handles fitted to front doors, steel boot spoiler, new rear bar, lowered rear wheel arch,

Inside has received some fairlane parts. So it got chrome handles and shifter shaft, fairlane dash, leather steering wheel and console lid.

Also got a 3rd row seat but its not going in yet but in it place is a pair of 15inch kicker subs and fusion amp.

I have also been talking to an engineer about the mods and the front seats are the only thing he needs to check but has seen them and said he is happy to tick them off now.

Other little bits are black interior bits from and ef's like buttons and seat belts. Added bonus has been that I gained a free eb 6seater wagon parts car.

The car also has some colour on the roof, bonnet and 2 doors but my compressor has blown a part and with floods progress has stopped for now

Cant wait to see pictures you really have got the bog smooth

Also the two 15" subs shall go well especially being a wagon as it will have a "distance to travel" i think you should be quite pleased with the sound

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Not hard to smooth filler when the body went back to bare metal and ther is a skim coat on a couple of areas where new steel has been welded in. Even the rear bar is more original plastic this time with very little filler.

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

here is a pic of the side of the rear bar. Its has been smoothed, lengthened, lowered and the bottom made wider. The side is actually two bars sikaflexed, screwed and rivited together

Sort by  
 Page 24 of 24  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24