Fordmods Logo

xh ute intermittent spark failure 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 33

Joined: 26th Nov 2011

Ride: el xr8 opt20

Location: bberg
QLD, Australia

xh ute has had motor replaced with an au engine (running dizzy ).

99% of the time the ute runs perfectly. The other 1% it refuses to start due to no spark.

I have put a brand new dizzy and coil in it.

so apart from the dizzy and coil what would cause an intermittent spark failure?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:49 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

elxr8chaser wrote:

so apart from the dizzy and coil what would cause an intermittent spark failure?



ecu?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 33

Joined: 26th Nov 2011

Ride: el xr8 opt20

Location: bberg
QLD, Australia

its only on start-up and im running it on gas so shouldn't be the ecu.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Start up gas/petrol solenoid ????

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 33

Joined: 26th Nov 2011

Ride: el xr8 opt20

Location: bberg
QLD, Australia

nope, new solenoid.... and definitely spark related.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

elxr8chaser wrote:
I have put a brand new dizzy and coil in it.




presume ya did the leads too?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: xh ute intermittent spark failure
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 33

Joined: 26th Nov 2011

Ride: el xr8 opt20

Location: bberg
QLD, Australia

the leads are not that old.

it runs perfect 99% of the time.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:16 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names