Fordmods Logo

Rear Seat Swap. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear Seat Swap.
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Futura EFII S/W

New Zealand

Is there any difference between the rear seats and bolsters from a EF Fairmont sedan and a EFII Fairmont S/W and can I swap them over if they can be modiffied without it becoming a major project.

Cheers, Bruce.

Last edited by citylimits on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rear Seat Swap.
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

In short yes there different. Bolsters are different shape and have different bolting points, rear seats are different with how the bolt in and also head rest positions.

I have el sedan fairmont gia leather rear seats in my ef mont wagon and I had to modify the wagons back rests to suit the sedans headrest positions, bottom seat was a close enough fit but the side bolsters don't bolt down on the bottom due to different length mounting supports.

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Thanks for that info, mate. Its going be a wait while I look for the rear seats from a EF Fairmont wagon from the right year to match up with the front seats already fitted.

Cheers.
Bruce.

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

They wagons leathers are rare and hardly seen which is why I used the sedans seats. Check out the forum in my signature, we already have 1 member from NZ and always happy to get new members Australia and world wide.

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

I swooped into the ozwagons forum yesterday after I noticed the link in your signature so add one more Kiwi to the list. I was very impressed with the rides posted there - it looks like I've still got away to go before my old tart looks that good.

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ef wagon

VIC, Australia

sedan seats still fit a wagon i have sedan seats in all 3 of my wagons
you just need to swop the padding and stuff on both of them and retrim them to the wagon rails and the side bolsters fitt as well

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:44 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

and au and ba wagon back seats are the same as el ef im 99% shore

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Some interesting experiences here - thank you.

So it's, yes, the back seats from an EF Fairmont sedan can be made to fit a smilar model EF wagon. But it's not a free ride with some adaptation of the sedan rear seats to be done. I have already the fronts seats from an EF Fairmont fitted to my wagon - an easy swap - but I would like to have rear seats that match these if I can.

It looks like there is still some more planning for me to do.

Cheers, Bruce

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

You like untrim your wagon seats so it's just a metal plate than untrim the sedan seats and than put the leathe sedan seat coves and fome on the wagon metal bass

All you need is some tin snips or somthing at the botem of the seat there it metal rings just undo all them and you will work it out how it comes off it's really not that hard

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Elwagon91 wrote:
You like untrim your wagon seats so it's just a metal plate than untrim the sedan seats and than put the leathe sedan seat coves and fome on the wagon metal bass

All you need is some tin snips or somthing at the botem of the seat there it metal rings just undo all them and you will work it out how it comes off it's really not that hard

Would it be possiable to use the same idea with BA into EL then?

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hey mate- I have always found it easier to find a Fairmont wagon and move seats over.

But, seriously - I got the GHIA (half leather) into mine by taking all the seat covers apart. And putting the padding and covers back on the metal with cable ties (cables ties work really well... Seriously...) and ... Well.. The trouble with the GHIA seats is the head rests are in different positions to the standard Fairmont (Futura) seats. So you need to pull the fitment off the donor metal seat back and weld about to the side of the seat metal from your car. Otherwise you will never get the head rests to click home (or have the fabric of the seat stretched over an inch. Which is just plain horrid.

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

All this is in my build thread. Just how you find it is beyond me...
FOUND IT
the-garage-f53/futurlane-ultimate-budget-stories-t69180.html?start=2625
Wow, two and a half years ago. I have been doing sweet f**k all apart from trashing my car since. GHIA seats are good, but also have wider armrest and.... Well... It's a piss about......

Whatever. I don't think it was REALLY supposed to exceed 5 tonne weight on the weighbridge with a digger on it. Should have kept that loading paper. Went to tip, had 5500kg on the wieghbridge. All being towed by the slipping HD Exedy clutch and a T5 that moves an inch left to right when going from compression to acceleration. Good cars these old Coon's... Would like to see 5500 in and on and behind a 1995 Commodore. Hahahahahahaha. Front wheels off ground, rear tyres squeeking on guards.... Puss box donk smoking....... Heheheheh

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:50 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Six wrote:
Elwagon91 wrote:

Would it be possiable to use the same idea with BA into EL then?

Nope :( wont work

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]