Post subject: Re: Finally the Mq hits the tar
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

s**t they cleaned up well. Good work.
If you can keep the old girl registered.
Blue slips are a pain in the a*** if you can avoid them.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Cheers Matt. I have never had to get a blue slip before and heard they are like a pink slip but with checking out engine numbers etc. Are they really more harsh than a pink slip? I honestly am asking because Ive never gotten one, they dont do them in Vic.
Would the body rust come into the equation with a blue slip if I didnt get it fixed beforehand seeing its a full chassis car?
Seeing the rego is past the 21 days I cant get 6 months rego and would have to get the full 12 months ( around $1000). Doesnt bother m too much as I have gotten back my tax, but for $500 I could have a 5 speed and the other $500 out of rego money could easily be squashed into the Mq.
How's your's going?

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

the nsw blueslip is more or less like the vic rwc.they go right over it and pick any little thing to keep the old girls off the road

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also thinking about running a custom 3 or 4" snorkel from stainless steel with a Safari top hat, but running it down the driver side instead of the passengers side seeing the exhaust is on the passengers side. All I would have to do is change the air cleaner mounts to a different position, move the washer bottle and some relays. Maybe the air coming from the drivers side away from the exhaust would provide better cold air?

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mine is going slow. Have had a lot happening.
Im taking next week off work to smash into it but.
Yeah blue slips are basically what your saying , but if you have suspension lift , bigger tyres etc they can cause you issues.
Some things that will sneak through a pink slip wont make it through a blue one.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
the nsw blueslip is more or less like the vic rwc.they go right over it and pick any little thing to keep the old girls off the road

Hmmmmm. I generally get my cars to a Vic RWC state before pink slips, just force of habit so that wont bother me much. Just as long as the full chassis rule with rust is still in place with a blue slip. Hey, its an Mq and will always have some rust.
Thing is too, dont know if I can handle not driving it for 12 months too. Really not much to do for pink slip and even though its got no balls I am already missing the old girl. You just dont get that feel with new cars anymore.

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
Mine is going slow. Have had a lot happening.
Im taking next week off work to smash into it but.
Yeah blue slips are basically what your saying , but if you have suspension lift , bigger tyres etc they can cause you issues.
Some things that will sneak through a pink slip wont make it through a blue one.

I noticed you got a sandblaster a while back, might be time to come up and show me how good it works, I'll find something for you to use it on lol

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

rims are nice! i almost bought a set of gu alloys for mine for $400 with near new a/t's but you got a great deal, one thing thats good on alloy wheels is oven cleaner, it peels the alloy clear straight off so you can polish straight onto the alloy,much better than paint stripper

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
rims are nice! i almost bought a set of gu alloys for mine for $400 with near new a/t's but you got a great deal, one thing thats good on alloy wheels is oven cleaner, it peels the alloy clear straight off so you can polish straight onto the alloy,much better than paint stripper

Yeah, was going to do that as I did it to a set of sle rims I had on a vc years ago and it worked a treat. These ones have sections painted black and the oven cleaner would have taken the paint off. Being the tight a** I am and not wanting to spend $15 on some black wheel paint I persevered for a couple of hours with a few sheets of wet dry instead. Ended up being good because the wet dry gave me the opportunity to take off just enough to bring them back shiny but not too much and still keep the black painted sections in tact. Ill still get them balanced when I get the wheels aligned after I do the tie rods.
I remember too a while back I did a spray for a local tint bloke who told me that there are only a few companies that make tint, so who ever you get the job done by it comes down to the tinter and not the tint. This got me thinking...... I dont know if the tint rolls on ebay are the same as tint companies get in Oz but Im thinking of giving it a go. Ill read up on the net and find what I need, take each window out and give it a go. Thinking it should cost less than $100 for the Mq compared to $250 to $300 to have it done for me ( not to mention the last tint I got from solar tint had to be redone 3 times and is already bubbled after 12 months or so.... waste of $240 and $40 of fuel) and $100 for tinting an $800 car sounds better than $300. Hell, if it was an expensive car Id get it done but for the mq its worth a try.

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:

They Pirelli scorpions I got have about 60% tread on 2 and about 40% on the others, to buy them new they are around $200 to $250 each, but each tyre cost me $25 with the rim lol. Man I love ebay

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3