Fordmods Logo

Planning for iPhone to ICC modification 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Planning for iPhone to ICC modification
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Looking to hook up an iPhone 5s to the ute soon, few key things I'll be looking for which will make it for me;
- Don't want to use bluetooth, drains the battery when not hooked up and I want to use the video out.
- hands free calls
- Charging
- video display so I can use google maps on the phone + reversing cam
- MP3 playback

Simple fact is the unit doesn't support native ipod control so being able to change songs via the unit isn't going to happen. I have found a few ways of getting the video out however. ASL media make a kit that directly plugs in to the existing loom & allows for input. I'm not sure this will allow for the iOS home screen (which will show the maps) as I'm looking for. Other option is THIS which I can hotwire in a bit. That plan will also mean I need to rethink the reverse camera too.

I'll look around for what people are using for a mic, but for audio in I need to find out more about if its coming from the jack or the connector. This may also change for music to audio. I am half thinking I'll butcher an iPhone headphone so I can derive the mic & speaker outs to RCA plugs. This means I'll also be able to use the tactile button to change songs & so on.

Thinking through mounting, the cup holder cover in front of the center consol is broken (the usual little latching pin in the flap has busted) making the whole flap redundant. My business is soon going to have a rapid prototype machine so I'm thinking I might run the cables to the cup holders and 3D print myself a custom cradle for the phone & case. I don't know what I'll do if the phone doesn't output native landscape mode however as I'll need to mount the phone side ways

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]