Fordmods Logo

Jason's EF Falcon very slow Build (lots of photos!) 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Jason's EF Falcon very slow Build (lots of photos!)
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

VIC, Australia

nice work on your car there. i know how hard it is when your at uni to do what you want alot of the time.

with the LED conversions that you are doing on both the tail light and dash, i would suggest that maybe spend a little more and go with SMD LEDs. i find that 5mm leds just dont cut it during the day, but the smds stand out.

nice job with the respray. something i would like to do but dont have the equipment, and the is no way im using cans. lol.

there have been a few people on here that have done the BA auto shifter conversion and had to do a bit of work. i cont remember where it was but a quick search should find one.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

jaensch11 wrote:
nice work on your car there. i know how hard it is when your at uni to do what you want alot of the time.

with the LED conversions that you are doing on both the tail light and dash, i would suggest that maybe spend a little more and go with SMD LEDs. i find that 5mm leds just dont cut it during the day, but the smds stand out.

nice job with the respray. something i would like to do but dont have the equipment, and the is no way im using cans. lol.

there have been a few people on here that have done the BA auto shifter conversion and had to do a bit of work. i cont remember where it was but a quick search should find one.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

thanks for the good words mate! yeah ive noticed the 5mm LED suck! hahaha might have a look at these SMD ones? whats the difference btw? and yeah i found a few docos on the shifter, will have a good read later on about it all.

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

VIC, Australia

jvangent wrote:
thanks for the good words mate! yeah ive noticed the 5mm LED suck! hahaha might have a look at these SMD ones? whats the difference btw? and yeah i found a few docos on the shifter, will have a good read later on about it all.

apart from them being harder to find and slightly more expensive, the way they produce light is slightly differant. tbh i cant remember off the top of my head and the only thing i do remember is that smd= surface mount diode, but all those thin LED strips you see on eBay use SMDs. it will be worth doing some research into it. i think jaycar sell here http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?MID=1&SSUBID=689&SUBCATID=976&keyform=CAT2#1, but i have never really seen these before.

they are hard to find, but when you do, it is well worth the effort. atm i am still looking for a good supplier in aus, but im using the strips from ebay and they work great.

im currently using a big mofo smd for my parkers ans light it up way better then the best led i could by, but if you dont look after them they can be temprememtal.

thanks
zach

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

jaensch11 wrote:
jvangent wrote:

apart from them being harder to find and slightly more expensive, the way they produce light is slightly differant. tbh i cant remember off the top of my head and the only thing i do remember is that smd= surface mount diode, but all those thin LED strips you see on eBay use SMDs. it will be worth doing some research into it. i think jaycar sell here http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?MID=1&SSUBID=689&SUBCATID=976&keyform=CAT2#1, but i have never really seen these before.

they are hard to find, but when you do, it is well worth the effort. atm i am still looking for a good supplier in aus, but im using the strips from ebay and they work great.

im currently using a big mofo smd for my parkers ans light it up way better then the best led i could by, but if you dont look after them they can be temprememtal.

thanks
zach

thanks for that mate!!! ill look on ebay for some, i usually get mine from there anyways as sometimes you can find bulk packs of them prewired up.

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:55 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

Loving the car so far! Keep up the great work!

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU II XR6 UTE

hey, good car -some rims would like nice on it...! :wink: maybe el tickford xr wheels - polished up would look neat.
cheers

2001 AU II XR6 HP LIQUID SILVER UTE

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Always Falcons.

VIC, Australia

Hey mate, looks nice, I love reading about what others are doing to there cars, and especially lookin at flicks...
Good on ya for havin a crack yourself too, it can be pretty daunting first time, takes some balls too...

Youve probably already figured it by now, but read the msds sheets for your paints, they explain how to lay them, flash times, temperatures, nozzle size, what psi etc...
Also if you havnt already, an inline water filter attatched to your gun, along with a pressure regulator, is well worth it... I know it helped me big time...

Looking forward to more, and hopefully seeing it in person one day.

EF2 XR8 Lowered on Genuine EL GT 17", Slotted + Drilled all round, Custom retrimmed ghia interior, competition stereo, DiFillipo headers, hi-flow cats, single muffler 3", K&N, custom maf/induction and rear window venetian

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3