Smartlock no longer working after alarm removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Smartlock no longer working after alarm removal
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 Fairlane Concorde 4.0

QLD, Australia

I removed the Dynamco Alarm today from my sons AU XR6 (s1), car still starts fine so that much is good, but smartlock wont lock the doors , it just pips the horn letting me know something is ajar?

I didnt need to reconnect any wiring to make the car run, the wires were all just soldered on piggy back into the factory wiring which I snipped off from the loom and re-taped the bare factory wires, there was a module mounted up over the accelerator which was removed by this process, a switch or sensor of some kind zip tied to the steering column, and the siren in the engine bay of course. All came out fairly easy.

I did disconnect the BCM in order to get better access to the wires as the alarm was piggy backed on to wires on all 3 BCM plugs. Could this be my issue? Do I need to do some weird thing to mate the BCM back into the car?

- Car starts and runs fine.
- Interior light does not go out, but it does dim significantly after the normal 30 seconds of closing the door, and immediately dims if ignition is switched on. BUT it never goes off properly.
- Doors wont lock, horn pips to tell me something is not right and the car wont lock. Indicators flash as they should.

Any ideas?

Why remove it you ask? I bought it for my son as his first car, it came fitted with a Dynamco upgrade alarm that functioned using the smartlock remotes. However when the fob was used to lock the car it usually went off for 30 seconds, then stopped, then repeated twice more before just operating I assume. However every time you cycle the doors, it did it again. Sometimes this happened striaght after locking the car, sometimes it was a few hours later, but it always happened sooner or later. Most annoying at 3am for the neighbours. It also never came with the key to disable it.

Silver NL Fairlane Concorde 98 4.0

1978 XC Fairmont GXL Update 5.8 with 218 Cam @ 50

Last edited by Another Gary on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dynamco OEM Upgrade Alarm REMOVAL issue.
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Please delete post, fixed original post instead.

Post subject: Re: Smartlock no longer working after alarm removal
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

No ideas then? Bugger.

Could it be the stereo and centre dash section being not in the car? I pulled those to fit the bluetooth mic from his aftermarket stereo, and broke a heater bit so still havent put that back in. I did read in the many bits Ive read trying to track the problem down that the radio and interior light (crtlgt fuse) are on the same or related circuits and the int light can stop the car starting. Although as stated, the car starts fine.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]