Fordmods Logo

HELP J3 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP J3
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 el fairmont

New Zealand

If I click verify in tunerpro it comes up with failed. any1 no y? and if I plug chip into ecu even tho the verification failed would it go into los mode?

98 el fairmont, 3inch straight pipe with gt3540 log manni 650cc injectors steel heady valve springs water to air intercooler running through a/c radiator

Post subject: Re: HELP J3
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

When you upload the tune from tunerpro to the chip, does it succeed?

When programming the chip, the quality of the USB cable from the laptop to the programmer is critical. The TI Performance one works great; others I have tried do not.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 el fairmont

New Zealand

Yeah the upload succeeds but when I verify that fails am just wondering if the fact that its not verifying would cause it to go into los mode

98 el fairmont, 3inch straight pipe with gt3540 log manni 650cc injectors steel heady valve springs water to air intercooler running through a/c radiator

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I think that would be unlikely. LOS is more likely to be caused by bad contact between the chip and the ECU. The contacts on the board need to be squeaky clean. Here is the method, if you don't already have it: http://www.tiperformance.com.au/Documen ... 20Chip.pdf.

If you are sure the contacts are clean and you are still having problems, drop a post on this thread: ecu-fuel-system-eec-f21/tuning-your-falcon-with-a-t-i-performance-j3-chip-t68577-1260.html

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

if the tune does not verify, it means that the data on the chip does not match the data in tunerpro so something is corrupt. if you put the chip in the ecu with data it cant recognise/use then its not going to function properly

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]