Fordmods Logo

Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 5889

Joined: 2nd Mar 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: '14 Grand Cherokee

Location: Port Lincoln
SA, Australia

Evening all.

A friend of mine has an XG ute which has an AU3 motor, and full AU dash and interior conversion, running AU1 computer and full loom, and we're having some trouble sorting out a fuel/computer/timing problem it may have.

it has a new XG fuel pump, pressure reg, injectors, plugs, leads, coil, just about everything replaceable has been replaced, but when you give it a rev it splutters and pops and f@rt, then after the revs reach a certain point itll clear up and rev like crazy.

It also idles smooth, so I cant for the life of me figure out what it could be.

Someone suggested faulty pressure reg, but after trying 3 different ones it didnt change it, he reckons the timing could be out somehow (possibly Au1 ECU not talking properly to AU3 motor?) and I reckon the pump might not be good enough for the AU engine.

does anyone in the Fordmods world have any ideas as to what could be causing it to run like this?

Cheers.

 

_________________

11/93 ED OPT20 GLi | Full Boat Spec

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Vacuum leaks ????

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2752

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 673

Joined: 23rd Jul 2011

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

more so any pics of the build :), would like to see a AU Dash in a XG shell.

sorry for no help.

 

_________________

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 363

Joined: 16th May 2012

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hi, I think you'd have to use the au injectors pump and reg, as the au run with higher pressure injectors 21 pound?, lack of fuel, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

 

_________________

XG ute now powered with DOHC-BARRA 182/Tiger extractors/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter
Mods to come AU XR6 3:45.1 LSD/New wheels and full respray
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753-60.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:51 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Hi, I think you'd have to use the au injectors pump and reg, as the au run with higher pressure injectors 21 pound?, lack of fuel, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.


Using AU Injectors with the XG Pump or Reg will cause no issues. E series Injectors (same as XG) are stated as 19lb, AU stated as 20lb. Base E series reg and base AU reg is 270kpa, XR's are both 300kpa and VCT is 350kpa. Pump is SFA difference. The main difference between E series and AU is the spray pattern of the injector, AU being much better.

Mad2 wrote:
has the mota been converted ta AU1 from AU3??

Spelt MOTOR.......
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:56 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

alfy wrote:
Evening all.

A friend of mine has an XG ute which has an AU3 motor, and full AU dash and interior conversion, running AU1 computer and full loom, and we're having some trouble sorting out a fuel/computer/timing problem it may have.

it has a new XG fuel pump, pressure reg, injectors, plugs, leads, coil, just about everything replaceable has been replaced, but when you give it a rev it splutters and pops and f@rt, then after the revs reach a certain point itll clear up and rev like crazy.

It also idles smooth, so I cant for the life of me figure out what it could be.

Someone suggested faulty pressure reg, but after trying 3 different ones it didnt change it, he reckons the timing could be out somehow (possibly Au1 ECU not talking properly to AU3 motor?) and I reckon the pump might not be good enough for the AU engine.

does anyone in the Fordmods world have any ideas as to what could be causing it to run like this?

Cheers.


What are the sensors on the Motor, is it still using the AU3 Map Sensor?

Cam sensor, Crank angle sensor are the same, temp sensor same, Oil pressure swith is just that and the same, Coil Packs are different, different plug but apart from that and the leads the same operationally. O2 Sensor is the same. I think the only difference is the MAP Sensor, Troyman may anwser this better. If the MAP is stuffed you will have issues like you are reporting.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Strange running problem - XG/AU Hybrid ute
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2752

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
has the mota been converted ta AU1 from AU3??

Spelt MOTOR.......



motar ..... :P :P
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:11 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names