Fordmods Logo

FMP software and Australian Falcons. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: FMP software and Australian Falcons.
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi everyone,

I have a JLR mongoose successfully working with my 3 day motorcraft FMP subscription, but it tells me that it doesn't have any new firmware for my PCM.

I have a 2004 BA turbo and the existing firmware is dated 2003.

I was hoping for some firmware update to fix my idle issues (I've already done all the stuff people recommend to fix BA idle issues and it still idles like a pig when in drive) and/or my overboost issue.

Is it possible that because I had to tell Motorcraft that I was in the US to get the subscription that I got FMP not including Australian cars?

I did turn also turn auto lights off.. change my tyre size in the IC and a few other things so the software clearly works. Just no firmware update for my BA.

Anyone know what the latest tune was for a BA Mk1 XR6T BTR 4spd?

ta for any passed on wisdom.

regards

Franki

Post subject: Re: FMP software and Australian Falcons.
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

update.. just plugged the mongoose into my mates NA falcon and it found and installed an updated firmware.. so apparently it just couldn't find one for my xr6T

is there anywhere you can check what the newest firmware is for a given PCM or vehicle type?

cheers

Frank

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Hey frank I was just wondering what would the benefits be of getting the latest firmware on my bf mk1 xr6 pcm? Is it a worthwhile thing to do for anything like economy etc? How much is the mongoose cable you have or will ford do a pcm update?
Thanks

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Bry take the car to Ford. If there is an update they will check and put it on for you.
Ive done the same with my BA but honestly I dont really care what software its using as the car runs fine and have not tried lately asking.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Hey frank I was just wondering what would the benefits be of getting the latest firmware on my bf mk1 xr6 pcm? Is it a worthwhile thing to do for anything like economy etc? How much is the mongoose cable you have or will ford do a pcm update?
Thanks

When the BA first came out, there were idle problems and an issue with the cam phasers getting clogged so an update was issued to fix those issues. There would be others to solve specific problems and improve things but you'd have to check. The mongoose cable is expensive, if you only plan to do it once go and see Ford service. They will rob you blind for mere minutes of work
..but its still cheaper then a mongoose and a fmp subscription.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]