Fordmods Logo

A-Bone's 98 XH 5 Speed 

Page 5 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: A-Bone's 98 XH 5 Speed
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1999 AU Futura

NSW, Australia

mate what gear stick boot did u use? and how does it go in? i've got an au console in my xh but the consoles from an auto so did the manual aus come with a boot with a plastic ring that just clips in to the hole in the console or whats the go??

cheers

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Ash wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
Ash wrote:
The AU consoles really do suit the XH's.

They do but it's a shame they don't have room for a set of power window switches.

Your right its a shame there isn't a factory spot. But I think robbo put the BA switches in his XH in a good spot. Have you seen his garage thread?

Here you go. Pretty easy to do windows, Tim was a great help with wiring switches etc. I got my window regs from a mint xf ghia.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

well its been a while but im back working on the XH and decided not to go with the cab extension just yet but i am in the process of re-trimming the interior in black leather and vinyl and its starting to look amazing.

ran into a few problems while doing this...
1: i ran out of glue hahah
2: ute's running like asthmatic pig. trying to figure out the problem :evil:

Also not sure if chaff-au is still active but for what its worth, with the AU console i bought and after market gear boot from Supercheap for about $20 and used Selley's kwik grip to glue it on, and held down with pegs. was a $30 job and havn't had a problem with it so far

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so i've owned this ute since around august i believe.
planned to buy it for my ex so she could learn to drive but she didnt want it or whatever lol.

aaron, sorry we didnt get the roady as soon as we wanted, s**t was a bit hectic.
thanks for always being understanding about things.
the car is now registered in my name and all legit.

since buying the car from aaron i just fitted some wheels and gave it a good service, fitted a BBM and pacy 4480s with a high flow 2.5" cat and tuned it with the J3.
this made it quite a nice car to drive as it has a good little stereo and manual utes are fun ;)
it was rolling on 19" BBS elenours but i need a wheel alignment so stockies are on for the moment.

a few weeks ago i fitted a 977b cam but didn't really like it, so i put in my 1521a from wade and it was quite good but really needs springs to liven it up and i just can't get the tune right lol.
so it uses around 14l of fuel for 60-80ks max.
it does skate when you clutch dump in second at 60ks though haha.

i also fitted an AU ECU as some know with only added a few extra wires to the loom through the firewall. this was a success and opened a few doors.
tomorrow i'm fitting a BA XR6 engine with 125ks on it using a modified standard sump so the K frame is untouched and re-drilled engine mounts so the engine sits 10mm lower so the bonnet should stay untouched.

the manual in the car has f**k syncros so i got another box to put in but will use the same clutch which im told is a heavy duty item. the motor will run off the AU ECU with the cams locked as close to 0* as i can get or the timing i like the best for my driving style.

plans are to get it up and running, then throw an LS1 throttle body on and tomorrow i'm smoothing the inside of the BBM, so combined with the larger tb it will be nice and pokey. i'm also talking to wade about regrinding some mild cams jsut for more mid range power/torque.
i have a GT35 copy and 50mmPSR wastegate to go on and there is a walbro pump in the tank already. will run no more than 240-250rwkw cause of the box for now.

i have a second DOHC motor which i have BF2+ pistons/rods (same as typhoon) that will go in with a freshen up. i'll also do some choice mods to the box to see if it will handle 300rwkw or so while i keep an eye out for a T56 for cheap as chips.

the diff is making horrible noises lol so i'm keeping an eye out for a standard diff for really cheap (if you know of one for under $100 please let me know!) and i'm putting my mini spool in there.

theres a few specifics i've left out but thats the jist of things :)
i'll post some pics tomorrow and start a new thread with a link in here.

thanks again for selling us the car aaron, its gone to a home that loves it and will shower it with money and gifts so it will shower me in rubber haha.

so thats the plan!

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5