Fordmods Logo

SCT Flash Tuner usability. 

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: SCT Flash Tuner usability.
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF FPV F6 Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Sorry bit of novice with this SCT X3 flasher thing. So to get this straight I brought my flasher when HPF tuned my car that's what the sales person said I needed to buy it. I have 3 custom tunes on it a 18 pound boost tune and a 14 pound boost(for the missus) and a valet tune that is 3000rpm limiter. I also have stock tune. My problem is my typhoon was written off in a crash I've sold the car to a wreakers just yesterday he says I need to go back to him with the SCT X3 and load the stock tune back on the car in order for me to sell the tuner otherwise its a paper weight. But when I plug the SCT X3 into my laptop I go into device info and there is nothing saying its status no locked or unlocked it has serial numbers tunes car type it says unlocks are at 5. Is this wreaker right I have to do that I have to load stock tune onto the car in order to sell the X3. Any assistance will be great full as I will need to do it before he strips the car to pieces.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:29 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

shibyf6 wrote:
Sorry bit of novice with this SCT X3 flasher thing. So to get this straight I brought my flasher when HPF tuned my car that's what the sales person said I needed to buy it. I have 3 custom tunes on it a 18 pound boost tune and a 14 pound boost(for the missus) and a valet tune that is 3000rpm limiter. I also have stock tune. My problem is my typhoon was written off in a crash I've sold the car to a wreakers just yesterday he says I need to go back to him with the SCT X3 and load the stock tune back on the car in order for me to sell the tuner otherwise its a paper weight. But when I plug the SCT X3 into my laptop I go into device info and there is nothing saying its status no locked or unlocked it has serial numbers tunes car type it says unlocks are at 5. Is this wreaker right I have to do that I have to load stock tune onto the car in order to sell the X3. Any assistance will be great full as I will need to do it before he strips the car to pieces.

Yes you have to return the car to stock to allow the box to be used on another car.
The tuner (for the new owner) can then unlock it (the 5 you see).

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:30 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Yes that is correct.. if you dont return the car to stock the flash tuner stays married to that pcm..
And it cannot be used on any other car...

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
shibyf6 wrote:

Yes you have to return the car to stock to allow the box to be used on another car.

Cheers for getting back to me I'll head to the wreakers today and switch it back to stock tune.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
shibyf6 wrote:

Cheers for getting back to me I'll head to the wreakers today and switch it back to stock tune.

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Anyone wanna a buy a SCT X3 Flash tuner comes with disk and cable to connect to PC. Its unmarried and has 5 unlocks left best offer will do I have no use for it as car was a write off.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4