Fordmods Logo

good flash tuner in melbourne only 7 rwkw gained? wdf 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: good flash tuner in melbourne only 7 rwkw gained? wdf
Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

Hi I got my ba xr6 4speed auto n/a flash tuned at bluepower racing but he only gave me 7rwkw and which bought it from 145 -> 152.3 kw on the dyno..seems prettty slack for what I paid and it uses 17-20l of fuel..mods are.... 4490 pacemakers, 4:1:1 diff, high flow venom cat, stock cat back, weapon x performamce coil pack, typhoon lower intake, xr6t snorkel, territory intake pipe..bmc flat panel anyone recomend somewhere 7rwkw seems sad especially for the fuel usage now..thx

Post subject: Re: good flash tuner in melbourne only 7 rwkw gained? wdf
Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

AussieXR6Grunt wrote:
Hi I got my ba xr6 4speed auto n/a flash tuned at bluepower racing but he only gave me 7rwkw and which bought it from 145 -> 152.3 kw on the dyno..seems prettty slack for what I paid and it uses 17-20l of fuel..mods are.... 4490 pacemakers, 4:1:1 diff, high flow venom cat, stock cat back, weapon x performamce coil pack, typhoon lower intake, xr6t snorkel, territory intake pipe..bmc flat panel anyone recomend somewhere 7rwkw seems sad especially for the fuel usage now..thx

Also I have got the flash tuner sct programmer but not keen to go messing with it myself since ive had no experience

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Those 4.11 diff gears won't be helping.....fuel or HP.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:35 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Did you just get it Flash Tuned or did it get run up and tuned on the Dyno?

By the way, 4.11:1 gears are not going to help the fuel.

Have you gone back and spoke to them about the tune? They are listed on the Herrod site as an SCT Tuner.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Power seems about right for the mods.
Stock cat back won't be helping.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

What MAD said. Get rid of the s**t exhaust. Tuners can only tune with what they can work with.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I only picked up 5KW through tune with my EL with 4499s, Magnaflow 200 cell cat, pex 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, CMS stage 3 head and 2a cam, went from like 133kw at the rears to 138.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

was it on gas? pretty low power figure

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

Was it a full custom tune or a generic?, how is the cars performance?.

I call bs on everyone who says that 4.11 gears are your problem with it using more fuel, around town there will be no difference and on the freeway you will sit a few hundred rpm more (again my car has 3.9 gears and ive noticed very little increase in consumption on the freeway).

It has a 4 speed btr with a lock up converter, not a c4 or fmx 3 speed...

Cat back may be hiding a few more kw's there, but remember a dyno is ultimately a tuning tool.

If the fuel usage has gotten worse and its legit take it back to the tuner and speak with him about it.

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

AussieXR6Grunt wrote:

i have a question.
the dyno reading... were all the mentioned parts fitted before it went onto the rollers for the first dyno figure, or did it go on the rollers completly stock, then the parts were fitted + tune then the last power run/ tune?
also dont expect diff gears to make the hp/kw output higher,
if anything the 4.11 gears should make the 4 spd better on fuel around town, the b series have a problem with using fuel if the fuel regulators stuffed, it wont bring up a fault code either, what was it like on fuel before hand?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
was it on gas? pretty low power figure

No gas, tuned for 98, low comp on engine though, 110 psi cylinder 1 -125-135 the rest.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
AussieXR6Grunt wrote:

i have a question.
the dyno reading... were all the mentioned parts fitted before it went onto the rollers for the first dyno figure, or did it go on the rollers completly stock, then the parts were fitted + tune then the last power run/ tune?
also dont expect diff gears to make the hp/kw output higher,
if anything the 4.11 gears should make the 4 spd better on fuel around town, the b series have a problem with using fuel if the fuel regulators stuffed, it wont bring up a fault code either, what was it like on fuel before hand?

Lol nope they were all on before the tune..then he tuned it and I gained 7rwkw.. and only get 350 out of the tank now. I got the flash tuner tool here what happens if I tune the car with it and how would I do it thx I have a feeling hes done a tune the wrong way or something..it doesnt add up

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

The hand controller only loads the tune to your pcm. Try reloading the tune I have herd of this helping if your having problems.
But if the tunes dodgy it wont make a difference apart from being able to select the stock tune.
350 kms out of a tank I think thats what I get out of my stock auto bf if I only do town driving. Havent done a full tank in a while though

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]