Sleepas XG ute project 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Sleepas XG ute project
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1995 XG S PAC ute

QLD, Australia

Hi!

Been here for a while so thought I should make a post.

Bought myself a 95 XG S ute late 2012 which needed a bit of work. Windscreen was smashed, battery and terminals missing, engine had a knock, etc, lots of little stuff. Was used as a painters work ute so was also covered in house paint.

But it did have nice paint (under the house paint), new tyres, new cooling systems so I thought for $700 it would make a decent work ute.

New windscreen courtesy of my brother, new engine (from a mate who owns a wreckers) from an XH ute with very good compression so converted that to the XG belt setup, however it ran rough with the XG ECU.

So next I bought myself an LPG kit from an EL which came with the ELs ECU, so through that in and now it runs perfectly! Torquey and smooth.

Next was a decent detail, so clay barred the house paint off, polished it up a little and coated it. Came up pretty nice so far. Didn't get it regoed so has just been sitting around since then.
I moved to brisbane about 6 months ago and the ute was left behind, but just recently I had enough cash to fly down and drive it back. 1500kms in 17 hours, and it ran superb! No issues, no overheating, nothing :)

My aim now is to turn it into a nice work ute, now here is the interesting part, I am a mobile detailer so I need a nice looking car, something everyday isn't gonna cut it.

My plans now include either an XD or XE falcon or fairmont or ZJ or ZK front conversion, nice velour fairlane seats as I'll be driving a hell of a lot, maybe a fairlane dash, or XD/XE and a nice wood grain wheel.
Engine mods will most likely include a 2.5 inch exhaust, a CMS stage 2 (or 2a) cam, extractors, intake mods, and 2x 80l LPG tanks, and maybe injected gas if I can justify it.

Plus a decked out tub with everything I will need for work.

So basically a very nice old school ute with a reliable, powerful engine which I will just so happen to use everyday as my work ute.

So anyone want to swap an XG front for something a bit older?

When I got it

After the polish

As it sits now

Current cars

1995 XG falcon S PAC ute
2002 V8 Berlina wagon
1966 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]