88 ea fairmont touch up 

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: 88 ea fairmont touch up
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Far out! Captain Gung Ho!!

Your making me feel weak not doing anything cos I've had a sore foot and an infection... I gotta grow a dikc...

I was s**t myself when I did the timing on mine. Keep the direction the while shebang is gonna turn in mind, and try to keep any slack on the tensioner side of the chain.. It's pretty easy in the end.

Did you swap the pulley on the water pump? If not double check its not a EF/EL pump, it may have a smaller outlet than on your radiator.. I hav a fix for that if you have troubles.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA toner, ea fairmont, eb xr8s

SA, Australia

No time to relax, ill sleep when im dead thanks haha ive done timing on things before but missed one of the marks on the idler so guessed at it and was out so will take sump off and go again..... did a v6 mang mang for a mate with a speedway cam, bt1 computer and 5 speed, came out fine because I saw all marks on it lol no I didnt swap the pulley on the pump, not sure if it was your thread or someone elses but will go to the exhaust joint and get a bit of stainless made to suit.... New gaskets and should have timing and sump done tomorrow night, also have my head planed and checked for no warpage and also crack tested tomorrow so will have that sent off for port matching tomorrow arvo when its done and back later in the week ready to go back on :D f**k I love progress and a little extra money floating around for parts!!!!

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

It's always helpful to have extra cashish around. I need a decent income again.

What's the bit of stainless you want to get for?

An if you did timing on a spagna V6 then a ford should be a roll in the park!

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Well what im gonna do is get a peice of stainless steel tube to fit the smaller hose diameter and then get the other end flared to fit the larger of the radiator hoses as a joiner peice, not what you were gonna suggest? Yeah cshould have been easy but missed one of the marks :| oh well

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Sumps cleaned and primed, heads off getting even more done and will be ready tomorrow.... added valve stem seals, a 3 angle valve grind, bead blast and upped the valve spring pressure because they were sitting borderline.... heads off to next place for port matching tomorrow so hopefully itll be back ready to assemble and paint....

Attachment:
20140203_185029.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Sumps cleaned and primed, heads off getting even more done and will be ready tomorrow.... added valve stem seals, a 3 angle valve grind, bead blast and upped the valve spring pressure because they were sitting borderline.... heads off to next place for port matching tomorrow so hopefully itll be back ready to assemble and paint....

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Looking good and the head seems to be coming along well.

Flared pipe is a good idea, I just used a piece of the EL hose about 40-50mm long cut flush with the end of the pump outlet and using some sealant I slipped the EB hose over that. The EL hose was the perfect thickness for bulking the pump outlet..

Either way should work good though..

Also in the garage....

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Is all going slowly but surely and doing right once not twice :) will have both hoses anyway so will have a suss on what needs to be done for both first....

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Havent been on because ive hit a small wall waiting for my head to come back, picked it up from the machine shop yesterday and sent it off for port matching monday week.... got myself a dremel with wire brush attachments to get this block cleaned properly and also teed up my painter to do the rocker cover and engine bay... im going with black lines and platinum silver cover, black chasis rail and k frame, and all redone platinum silver engine bay. should start having my accessories all painted up next week when I have some time with the cooler weather but will be stopped due to having another tatoo done and dont wanna get it dirty or infected....

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Finally had some progress over the last week and got the rocker cover done, exhaust all priced up and worked out, my head back finally and bolted it on today....

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

been a long while since i have posted and a lot has changed... have now had the car back on the road for 3 months and have a lot more changes to it, in that time after the headaches encountered just to get it on the road...

after building my motor, removing the looms from front to back and fitting ed ghia looms, i refitted the engine, k frame, suspension, diff, interior, trans, new trans lines, rotors pads, au upper arms and adaptors, kmac castor camber kit, nolathane bushing, built my 3" zorst (has a note unlike most falcons and i f!@##$% love it!! built a custom trans mount as the ea had a 3 speed borg warner which is 100mm shorter than the btr and the chasis had no mounting brackets... finally got my engine running after 5 weeks of hard work to not have the lifters pump after accompanied by the bad advice of run it for half hour to have the the journals in the head ground out and a couple thousand i spent on the motor thrown away...

removed that engine over night, got an au series 3 motor and began to fit all accessories and modify the sump to fit in my rig, pulled the water pump off to fit a brand new one off my other engine to find that the head gasket was shagged so took that engine back and found another series 3 au motor with 250k on it, checked it all over and is still running to this day 3 months later with an endless hard life...

Next part of my build now that i am happy with how things are is starting to build my funds pool up and research the turbo setup, have most of it sorted as to where my parts are being sent for work, just need to find an after market ignition system to compliment what im building..

also next week or the one after my donor au fairmont ghis turns up, 135k on the clock, been t boned so the driveline will be the spare i build for this car so i dont have to have the car off the road for to long

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5