J3 Chip Dyno Tuning - Liverpool NSW Area 

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: J3 Chip Dyno Tuning - Liverpool NSW Area
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont GHIA 1994

NSW, Australia

All,

This may have been raised previously, I did a quick search an couldn't see and recent ones.

I have been using a TI Performance J3 Chip for a year or so and have had it re-tuned a few times through TI Performance and have had some good results (in my 5.0L Falcon). I have since upgraded to an 8psi Pulley on my supercharger and feel its time to actually have it Dyno Tuned. My issue is the closest place (from the TI Website) is in the Central Coast.

Does any know of a GOOD Dyno Place that will Tune the TI Performance J3 Chips?, Im happy to go to Penrith, Liverpool, Campbelltown - within an hours drive or so.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan

1994 ED Fairmont Ghia
2006 BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Post subject: Re: J3 Chip Dyno Tuning - Liverpool NSW Area
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I am assuming by your reference to 5.0l that your car is a V8?

Don't know of anyone that does TI stuff in Southwest/Western Sydney but why not look at the Moates Quarterhorse, much better set up and you can do Live tuning/data logging on the go.

I can recomment an SCT J3 Eliminator chip Tuner.

Are you looking at a dyno tune?

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Why recommend an alternate product that's functionally identical (SCT Eliminator) when he asked for a tuner, and specifically said he is happy with the product he already has?

SCT are an American company with draconian controls on their software and hardware, where as we are a site sponsor with open software and provide a lot of support to our end users.

Last edited by galapogos01 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Because I know a Tuner that does SCT but not TI.

Maybe he would like to see alternatives that are available.

Being a site sponser doesn't mean everyone has to recommend you, there are other options available which is what he was given.

Last edited by SWC on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Why recommend an alternate product that's functionally identical (SCT Eliminator) when he asked for a tuner, and specifically said he is happy with the product he already has?

SCT are an American company with draconian controls on their software and hardware, where as we are a site sponsor with open software and provide a lot of support to our end users.

Well if your are a site sponser and provide support, recommend a tuner in Western/Southwest Sydney.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've already spoken with Nathan. He started this thread to see whether anyone else had found a tuner.

Not sure how I shat in your cornflakes, but I replied because I thought your comment was off track and unhelpful. I initially deleted it to avoid this type of argument.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:

I had an SCT Eliminator then had your TI Performance chip now have a Wolf v500. The Ti Performance was much better than the SCT Eliminator. You have put many more features into the software and made it much more affordable.

Stick with the Ti Performance chip if you can Ghiaed1994.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

if its a v8 I would go with the moates quarterhorse, there is plenty of support from the us, a few local guys are running the moates stuff, there is a tuner that has tuned quarterhorse in Wollongong..

now this isn't a shot at the ti stuff, but I know of a few non diy guys that havnt gone with the ti chip because no one in Sydney is familiar or willing to tune them..

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
I've already spoken with Nathan. He started this thread to see whether anyone else had found a tuner.

Not sure how I shat in your cornflakes, but I replied because I thought your comment was off track and unhelpful. I initially deleted it to avoid this type of argument.

Didn't s**t in my cornflakes, don't like them anyway, s**t in your own in my opinion.

Where was I off track and unhelpful?

I said i don't know of anyone in Sydney tuning your chips and gave him options.

I think he would be better off with the Moates Quarterhorse for his application and it will give him much more scope for DIY tuning. (there is also a tuner or 2 in Sydney that will do the Quarterhorse)

Just my opinion.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Would you reply to a thread where someone asked how to modify their engine by saying they should change the model of car they drive? That's effectively what you've done here.

If you have specific experience with a tuner in NSW that has used TunerPro and the open definitions to tune a car, that would be on topic. Alternately if you knew of an open minded tuner who has experience tuning Fords with other packages (given they are almost functionally identical) that would also be on topic.

The brand of hardware you choose to use has no difference in how the injectors are fired or what advance you run.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

You don't appear to get it do you. He was given options, something you don't appear to wish to give.

I did not tell him to "change cars" as you put it, just alternatives to the problem that he was or is faced with.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I've done plenty of chasing around before and at the time there was no one in Sydney that would touch TI stuff.
I ended up getting a custom mail order tune from TI for my nugget and the chip got pulled out after 500km. It run worse then it did without it.
Myself I reckon the Moates gear is the way to go. Never had an issue with the stuff and the quarter horse is a great piece of equipment.
Google tuners in the area you want and ring them and ask.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
You don't appear to get it do you. He was given options, something you don't appear to wish to give.

I did not tell him to "change cars" as you put it, just alternatives to the problem that he was or is faced with.

This is the way I seen it. He wanted a local tuner but cant find one for the ti, so swc gave an alternative brand that locals will tune. No problem with that. At the end of the day GHIAED is a big boy and will make his own decision, no ones holding a gun to his head?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:17 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

+1 on the quarterhorse. Learn to do it yourself like i did and you will never need to visit a tuner, and you can change the tune as you go, not needing to screw around with chips and getting a new one burnt everytime you make a change. It's very easy to use once you are up and running.

Best thing I ever did for my NL.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont GHIA 1994

NSW, Australia

All,

Thank you for your responses. I have been happy with the J3 Chip and the past tunes I have received from TI Performance. These have all been email tunes, I was hoping to have these improved via a dyno tune and feedback from the tuner.....locally.

I'm not sure what to do moving forward, might wait for the next long weekend and see the tuner down the central coast - take the wife and kids down and stay for a few days.

Thanks again.

Nathan.

1994 ED Fairmont Ghia
2006 BFMKII Fairmont Ghia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next