Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6 

Page 6 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

hey bud im doing the same thing with my ed running 10lb pulley mounted over the exhaust and intercooler had to relocate the power steering to the passengers side i have all the brackets made up just need to get piping made n purchase the fuel system and such but its not to bad to set up just need to make sure the pulleys are aligned perfectly and also need a new power steering line made which i was quoted 180 from enzed

i know theres a bloke out there running like 270kw on 6psi with like 700nm torque seen the chart on fb but cant find him in the forums anyways ill try and upload a pic of my m90 mounted on the car i have re enforced the brackets since then because it was just a mock up

the snout just tucks into the bulge

this is basically how its gonna be just need to adjust the pulley under the blower for more tension, the belt is the biggest that bursons auto can import for that type of belt the size down was too short

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL Fairlane. 5 liters of Fun!

NSW, Australia

Gotta comment on this, as i'll be coming back to reread it. This is more or less what i'm planning to do to my EA, but based on an AU Motor

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:36 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

hi guys still about, fairlane is still going strong, nearly a hundred thousand k's since the sc went on.

pics look good will want to watch heat from exhaust , will cause the rotors to expand and grab the housing, been there done that, fuel , injectors ignition etc will need attention, and I swear by the wolf v550 im using.

the only thing I need to fix is on my new motor coming together ( au) is the rings they are to light weight and im having small oil control problems but can live with it at moment.

that denim ( what ever his name is) who tried to shoot down everything I was saying , made me disappear till now, anyhow if ya need help just ask, ill wear the lane out before he ever gets anything working

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL Fairlane. 5 liters of Fun!

NSW, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
you may have noticed that the blower is off a 3.8l mustang its mounted upside down on the three original mountings i welded three blocks of alloy to the manfold runners no1 and no3 drilled taped the holes the hat of the blower discharges down and forward into 2.5 tube that runs around the front of the standard eecv air box fitted with k&n element italso has 4" ba boss cold air intake under headlight the 2.5 runs down behind the indicator through the bumper bracket into the fmic intercooler(three times larger than the orig mustang)it then turns backthrough the rad panel and follows the frame rail to a throtle body adaptor in the orig posi . the m112 would mount in nearly the same posi at the rear because the snout is shorter the au top water neck and land cruiser top hose allow the belt to run of the orig tensioner and back to the air con all work by me you may also notice its on lpg aswell no power figures only one working dyno in hobart at moment but can dust hsv anyday if i can get traction and thats on lpg

I'm quoting this so i can find it easily when i wake up tomorrow. (it's been a long day.)

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:48 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

ok tip for today,
exhaust system, the sc on 4.0l makes the car two cars in one, on low throttle and cruise its a normal engine and dosent like any more than a 2.5 inch exhaust to give the most amount of tourge, but when under boost the thing turns into more like a v8 and needs three inch straight out.

exactly what I have 100 cpi cat and straight out 3 inch ending just in front of the diff, an electronic 3 inch cutout that opens at 1.5 psi, other wise the exhaust goes out through 2.5 res and tail pipe.

best of both worlds , will need prog ecu for best effect

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:21 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

xfpaul wrote:
hi guys still about, fairlane is still going strong, nearly a hundred thousand k's since the sc went on.

pics look good will want to watch heat from exhaust , will cause the rotors to expand and grab the housing, been there done that, fuel , injectors ignition etc will need attention, and I swear by the wolf v550 im using.

the only thing I need to fix is on my new motor coming together ( au) is the rings they are to light weight and im having small oil control problems but can live with it at moment.

that denim ( what ever his name is) who tried to shoot down everything I was saying , made me disappear till now, anyhow if ya need help just ask, ill wear the lane out before he ever gets anything working

Nice to see you back. Glad to see the lane is still going strong. Still have the pics of your setup on file, found them the other day. Did you ever get it dynoed?

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6