Fordmods Logo

Who owns an AU LTD? Or knows about them? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Who owns an AU LTD? Or knows about them?
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:45 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: NL Fairlane Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
Well, It was made at broadmeadows, and it has a booklet from Vermeulen Hollandia Sunroofs, so I guess thats the mob.. It was the main selling point for me actually, there were only 3 I found advertised and only one had the sunroof.

It dose have IRS, and an ABS module, and has a TC button above the stereo.. I have pressed it a few times and it dosnt make the light go off so uness its the faulty switch, it may be the indicator for another issue. Would this show up though on a error code? be it a TC sensor/emissions or whatever else ford got clever with?

Im not surprised they are hard to find parts for, with only 320 LTDs being made in '99 and 4,487 lanes according to the wikipedia page. Although Im pretty sure that really it was just the badging that made it different, and it has pretty much the same options as a fairlane ghia other than embroidered seats.

Damn. I was hoping it would be smart lock but spotted the hand symbol, but fingers crossed it dosnt play funny buggers. The owner mentioned the hand on the dash requires a whack under the dash, but it had only happened a few times before..

Am I able to disable it like you can do in earlier models, or is it all integrated too much with the electronics?

As with the trip computer, Ill probably order a S2 one anyway, see if I can find a plug IF they turn out to be different and wire that up. Its just the orange LCD looks like it was taken straight out of an XF..

Might have had sunroof fitted later in life, as Tickford did the factory optioned sunroofs. If it was factory fitted it should have a tickford mod plate?

Post subject: Re: Who owns an AU LTD? Or knows about them?
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

only thing with a tickford emblem is an alarm unit (which is turned off and I dont have a key for)

Its an interesting one, it also has a wing on it as well.

Traction control and ABS light still on, I guess a scan will find any problems.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2