Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: ford ef falcon futura wagon xr6 hybrid
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

scithe93 wrote:
firstly thank you for the condolences, this car is keeping me pre occupied so I don't think about it to much apart from that were coping fairly well.

so the climate control and trip were installed in the xr aftermarket, the ones in the xr are damaged due to my mate being rough getting is sound system out and stuffing the whole dash. so I bought new ones but a thought just occurred will they be able to work with the wagon? and how much fiddling will there be getting them to work.

yeah it was surface rust on the unis and orangish brown speckles on the shaft itself I thought these were surface rust either way cleaned up nicely must of been clay and mud that settled there.

well a full alloy radiator then, its all metal no plastic tanks and all black hoping it will work well matched with silicone hoses.

yeah took the master off a wagon at the wreckers just hoping it wont have the same issue as the original one did.

why will I have trouble with the varex? il make it fit and work somehow hahaha

Illegal in NSW and I will bet the same applies in VIC. Even though they are now fitted to some Factory cars ie FPV GT

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef falcon futura

VIC, Australia

ohk I never knew that ive had varex on quite a few cars in the past 2-3 years all it is is a remote controlled butterfly valve which redirects the flow of exhaust gases to make the car more quiet by making it run through outter chambers rather than straight through I don't see how they could make it illegal il have to look into it more hope xforce do refunds hahaha

was it only recently made illegal coz I put one on my old r31 skyline and it needed to go over to vicroads for inspection due to how long it was off the road and they passed it without a problem this was back in feb last year. everything else is all good for the plan yeah? or am I missing/forgetting things

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

It illegal because you are not allowed to be able to vary the exhaust noise via the cabin. A straight through muffler will be an instant epa defect due to noise which is what the varex is. If they test it, then they will test it at its loudest.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

ok then I was lucky with my old car coz it had one and I never got in trouble haha. looks like its no to varex and just get a normal twin tip.

well im almost at the stage of doing all the hard work and im lucky I am coz the car just got defected... defect for blown headlight globe and cracked mirror sent it off to my mechanic and found out there a list of this needing to be done such as.........

top control arm to body bushes have movement

top ball joint boots are cracked

r/h/f bottom ball joint has major movement

both bottom ball joint bushes are split

l/h/f tie rod + rack has movement

a issue not clearly stated with the front lower inner control arm

front caster bar bushes worn

will replacing all bushes and boots solve most of these issues or will the actual ball joints, control arms and tie rods need to be replaced???

ive chosen to replace all bushes and boots along with all rubber hoses but am curios on wether this will solve most the issues listed above or if the acualy parts will need replacing.

also if I put a shift kit in will I need to replace the torque converter?? trans was rebuilt and I have a btr adjustable shift kit sitting here but am unsure exactly what else I need.

engine was sent off for a rebuild and due to the circumstances changing with the car now being mine were blueprinting it and rebuilding it keeping it n/a but with abit more go

so to sum up were im at now, I have all parts for the xr6 conversion and am currently getting everything fixed that is needed then I will start the conversion.

would I be better off replacing all control arms, trailing arms, ball joints, ect just to go with the rest of the new stuff going in the car or am I better off saving my money???

pics to come very shortly

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2