6 cyl to v8 conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: 6 cyl to v8 conversion
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: Nf fairlane ghia

VIC, Australia

Hi guys. I'm just wondering if someone can help me out with an electrical question. I'm converting my 6 cyl nf fairlane ghia to a 5 litre. I have a df ltd donor car. Will I have to pull the entire dash assembly out of both cars and swap all the under dash wiring around, or will the ecu, bcm and tcm out of the ltd all plug into the existing 6 cyl under dash wiring loom in the fairlane? Also any info info about any other non obvious changes I'll have to do would be helpful. Cheers

Post subject: Re: 6 cyl to v8 conversion
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I'm replying to keep track of this post. Your q's are the same as the ones I have in my mind for when I do V8 conversion on an XH panelvan. Already got a 95 Fairlane donor car just need a 97 van with a good to mint body to make it worth while doing the swap.

Post subject: Re: 6 cyl to v8 conversion
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: Nf fairlane ghia

VIC, Australia

I don't know if your aware, but apparantly the wiring between el range and ef range have different wiring. I'm not sure weather that follows through to xg xh utes and vans though. For example, if you had a v8 ef falcon and had a 6 cyl el falcon that had no motor and box and you were gunna put the v8 outa the ef into the el, then you would have to pull the most of the wiring out of the v8 car to use in the 6 cylinder car. From what I understand you couldn't use say a ef v8 ecu in a el v8 car coz the plugs are different or how they're wired up is different or something, which filters through to the rest of the wiring. I'd Check with some of the guys on here weather you can use sedan wiring in utes n vans and weather the wiring from a 95 model is compatable with a 97 model. If your wanting an abseloutely mint el ef van, I know of a guy who has1 that is abseloutely mint and looks like it's driven off the showroom floor! Every car he has is mint. He's also got a v8 ed fairmont that's got like 150,000 k's on it and an xe s pack with similar k's on it. The guy babies his cars and makes sure they're constantly mechanically perfect and roadworthy and I doubt you'd get a car off anyone that's in better nick. His number is 58314560. If you want a brand new ef el model van, then this guys car is the 1 to buy.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]