Fordmods Logo

XG longreach ute touch-ups (making her look and run better) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: XG longreach ute touch-ups (making her look and run better)
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 1995 XG falcon ute

VIC, Australia

I have just bought a dual fuel manual 1995 XG longreach ute and I just want to touch it up and make it my own personal car. Currently I am looking at making it run smoothly and efficiently as this is my everyday driver and I want it to be comfortable and attractive while still being reasonable to run.

At this point in time I am focusing on mechanical sides of things as a priority, (keeping in mind I am a P plater) I would just like to ask for advice on how to make it run better than it already does although it does drive rather beautifully considering it is a $3000 ute, so mechanically nothing really needs doing but any advice will be appreciated greatly.

I am also looking at swapping out the rather old and well worn interior for a newer sleeker looking interior, but I do not want to get custom things made I only want easy do to things that I can do myself as if it is going to cost excessive amounts of money I can live with the way it is at the moment. What I am ultimately looking for is what other interior trims, consoles and dashes will simply swap into the xg without any real difficulties as I want to be able to drive it daily. I would also like to make it a little more modern with a new head unit with a reversing camera attached to the unit for simplicity and convenience, with the unit fitting nicely into the dash would be really great.

Last but definitely not least is I would like tips on removing and fixing up small rust patches around the ute and keeping the rust away. Would I be better off getting this done by a professional or would doing it myself be good enough?

recap:

Mechanical = priority, want it to run smoothly and not chew through fuel
interior = easy swap out for newer dash, trim and console would be ace
Rust removal = priority, removal and prevention

Any websites that sell these kinds of things would also be greatly appreciated.

I do not have very much experience with cars so try not to use overly technical names, although I do know the basics of mechanics.

The ute is currently still in the car yard but I will have it as of tomorrow and will be instantly starting to look at updating it to a newer sleeker version of itself interior wise.

Post subject: Re: XG longreach ute touch-ups (making her look and run better)
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: XH Ute

QLD, Australia

Grats on the purchase mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

The search function will be a good tool for you, there's plenty of info available on interior swaps/customisation.

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hi m8, I know how you feel, my xg came with pacemakers and sports exhaust (luckily), probably do a basic service first-spark plugs oil change fuel filter etc, I also upgraded my fuel injectors with injectors from a AU falcon, for the interior I found a set of black AU seats (which I modified to fit) and a console from a EB, I'll try to find a pic, cheers Johnny.

Attachments:
IMG_2014101318326.jpg
IMG_2014101318326.jpg [ 36.06 KiB | Viewed 374 times ]
IMG_201410135604.jpg
IMG_201410135604.jpg [ 28.25 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: XH Ute

QLD, Australia

Hey Johnny, I'd appreciate a run down on the mods you needed to make to the AU seats to get them to fit, i've been considering a set, but concerned they wouldn't fit

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]