Clearence in engine bay 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Clearence in engine bay
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi

I am swapping a clutch fan with a thermo fan in a pajero (I am not getting much of an answer from the pajero forums) when doing this what are the clearance requirements? there is only about a cm clearance between the fan and the engine when it is in and flush with the radiator.

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: Clearence in engine bay
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

I havnt done a Paj, but many Cars you can get it out with the Fan Shroud. Unbolt the fan, and it ( normally ) will come out easily when you remove the shroud. Some of the clutches you can rebuild using Silicone Oil, and another trap is to make sure you put the Fan in the right way around. Some will fit backwards, but wont work properly.

Regards 96ELGli

Post subject: Re: Clearence in engine bay
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

not sure if the previous answer got where you are coming from - I take it you mean the clutch fan is now being replaced by a thermo fan? And so you're looking at the clearance between the back of the thermo and (probably) the pulley that used to hold the clutch fan , and you have around a CM? I reckon you should be fine. I recently put AU's onto an XB 351 and I ended up with a similar clearance, not a problem. When you think about it, in a normal north/south engine all the movement is side to side, not back and forth so 1 cm should be fine....in the case I did on the XB I actually had similar concerns, set up a digital camera under the hood and not a problem, no discernible forward / backward movement . Maybe try the same thing if you are concerned? Set up a cheap digi camera, do a short movie going around the block or whatever....see how you go...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]