Just another white EB 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Just another white EB
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Eb II XR6

WA, Australia

Ghiaed1994, I had to trim away some metal under the lights and also some plastic from the bottom of the lights themselves. If you look close enough you can see the cut out on the left side. The right hand side was cut closer to the radiator support so the pipe would clear. Not too much modding and keeps the piping shorter.

Pulled the head off, relatively easy.
Got the timing case off, a little bit more of a struggle. Not too bad really but i just didn't want to have to pull too much stuff off. The BBM is still in the engine bay but if i want to pull it out ill have a pretty clear shot of cleaning the whole engine bay down, there's a lot of crap built up.
I was giving the timing case a bit of a clean up when i found this.
Attachment:
IMAG0250.jpg

This explains why after every oil change when I'd degrease the engine it only took a week to look filthy again!
Lucky I still have the EL engine laying around and grabbed the timing care off that. No holes either.
Next step is to drop the head off and go order some parts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EBII SXR6 White, manual, el dash and door trims, ba xr front seats, serpentine belt, electric fans and a turbo
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/just-another-white-eb-t114629.html

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

ARGH!! Just when I thought I was getting ahead my Mazda bravo cracked the head. Long story short it was a week off work (broke down at my father in laws 700k's away), $3000 in parts and travel expenses and 2500 k's in a week. No to mention taking the head off and on twice. What a pain but due to the eb being in a million pieces it had to be done.

On a positive note now I know that it should last another 350000 k's. Although I was planning on spending that money on a lift kit and rock sliders but that'll have to wait.

Since I got back home the head is back on the eb but that's as far as I have gotten. I've decided to put the log manifold back on and will get a diy tuning kit from ti in the new year and give that a crack. Seems simple enough and as I live in Kalgoorlie there's no place locally to get it tuned.

EBII SXR6 White, manual, el dash and door trims, ba xr front seats, serpentine belt, electric fans and a turbo

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Quick update.

The car is still around much to my missus' frustration. She says sell but she doesn't quite understand the whole "project car" thing.

Manifolds on,
Turbo on...

That's it.

I've been spending every day off doing reno's on my house so the Eb has taken a backseat for now.
One day it will be running again but this is one very slow build and seems to be getting slower all the time...

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Got my butt into gear and put everything back together. Had a few problems getting it to start and it was the spark timing that was out. I didn't think i touched it but it must have been out from before. Just a few things to note, the ISC is playing up and its running fairly rich. Anyway it now runs and I plan to muck around with the tune as soon as I can get some money out of the missus for the kit. I still haven't had a chance to go for a drive because it's been blocked in.
On a positive note I spent a whole day cleaning up the shed so I can actually walk all the way around the car now, before there was so much stuff just pilled up around it. I'm back at work for the next 4 days but after that I will endeavor o get it out for a drive.

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Just found this thread after poking around peoples builds instead of going to bed.
A very exciting read!

How is the car going now? Whats new? :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

I had the car up and running for a few weeks. It was using too much fuel so I changed out the oxy sensor and that seemed to help. Then one day I went to pull it out of the backyard and it stalled in the laneway. Got fuel, got spark, timing is right but it still didn't want to go. I think the spark might not be strong enough.

I haven't had a chance to work on it because my 4b blew the head again and that takes preference. I've got my dad coming over at Christmas for a few weeks so hopefully we can have a crack at getting it running again.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2