Fordmods Logo

FS [NSW]: 97 EL Artic Blue Fairmont 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 97 EL Artic Blue Fairmont
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Fairmont / BFMKII GHIA

NSW, Australia

Up for sale is the family’s EL Fairmont. It’s been really well looked after and is fairly standard all around, especially the engine. I’ll try and get the most important bits out to you guys – But feel free to email or ask questions about anything and I’d be more than happy to answer. The car is located in Tamworth NSW however I could drop it at the nearest transportation depot if the buyer wants to pay for delivery, or I could meet most buyers half way. It’s a genuinely good EL that has been really looked after. Originally owned by Manly City Council it was bought by my Grandpa and has been in the family ever since. It has a few rough spots but nothing un- expectant for a car this age and nothing serious. All of those will be pictured. They include a ding above the rear passenger wheel arch, ¼ window interior panels that snapped while window regulators were being replaced, a small ding on the front left hand side of the bonnet just above the headlight, and a parking lot ding that runs across the length of the passenger rear door. I’ve tried to show it in a photo and I couldn’t. There’s no paint missing from this and it’s fairly hard to see unless you’re up close. There are no mechanical issues with the car at all and it comes with 6 months rego left. Any inspections are welcome.
It has CSA Speedster 17” Wheels sitting on Pirelli Cinturato P1’s with plenty of tread left (I’m guessing around 80%) One rear wheel has a small amount of gutter rash but the rest are in perfect condition. The Pirelli wheel and tyre combination cost $1600 roughly a year ago and they are amazing compared to the standard wheels as far as safety in wet weather and road noise goes.
The paint is Arctic Blue with grey interior and all the paint is in good condition with no peeling or fading – Interior also in very good condition especially the rear seat which has had almost no use at all. It’s just had a $250 full exterior detail done.
Since 20,000KMS has been using fully synthetic oil and 98 premium only – this really shows how healthy the engine is especially when comparing to an E series that hasn’t been looked after. Most of its life has been using Mobil 1.
I have a full service history available – log book stamping when the council owned it and private records and documentation when my family bought it.
A few things that have been done to it and replaced in the past year - New standard exhaust system fitted as the old one had rusted, new standard height kings springs all around, new shocks all around. Air filter / Oil Filter / Oil – Mobil 1 5W-50 Full Synthetic Service. Brake Fluid Changed. Wheel Rotation, Alignment and Balance Done. RDA Slotted front and rear Gunmetal Grey Rotors and Bendix General CT Pads. Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth. Windows professionally tinted with lifetime warranty at darkest legal 35% all around. Ghia steering wheel fitted- the old one had a bit of wear at the top. Blue lights throughout the interior including instrument cluster, climate control and trip computer. This really makes the car stand out from the standard yellow tinted lights and gives a more modern feel. Alternator has also recently been replaced as well as new headlights being fitted.
It has a Hayman Reese heavy duty towbar fitted. This was only used once to tow a caravan about 250KMS before we decided to buy a 4x4. Other than that it has only been towing a small box trailer.
I think all that covers the main points – Let me know if you guys have any questions. I’m asking around $3500 but that’s definitely negotiable. It’s been really reliable and other than a flat battery has never let anyone down.
Feel free to ask any questions either by email or text.

Pictures - http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Arcti ... slideshow/
Price- $3500 Neg.

Jake

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]